P's Test advice (1 Viewer)

The-Noodle

HSC
Hey guys, I am going for my red P's test in about 2 weeks at Marrickville. I wanted five dock because i knew the streets better but i couldn't cause it was booked out for ages, so i chose marrickville coz that seems to be empty, dont know why. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had done their test at Marrickville? I've driven around a bit and there are a lot of little dead end streets and stuff. It looks pretty hard, especially since you start on top of the shopping centre car park. Any advice?

P.S. Also, do they test you on reverse parallel parking or angle parking or both at marrickville?

Thanks, any advice at all would be appreciated. (I'm doing it on manual).

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
hey there

i have no idea where marrickville is, but my piece of advice is DON'T SPEED!!! Make sure you're familiar with any 40 zones or sections where you need to go slow.

take it from someone who failed their first attempt :)

Also, another tip is to log into the mytests site on the rta - http://rta.nsw.gov.au/myrta/mytest/index.html - and you may be able to change your booking. go on there like twice a day and you might be able to change your booking to one at five dock even sooner because there are always cancellations. After failing my first go, I was told i would have to wait a month before there was another booking, but i went on the site and managed to get one for a week and a half later.

some other advice is to maybe book a lesson with an instructor and theyd be able to take you through the parts of marrickville where they do the tests.

anyway good luck and remember if you fail its not like the hsc - you can have another go.

The-Noodle

HSC
Yeah thanks for the help Ian. I've been trying every now and then to try and get into five dock but I think that's one of the busiest RTA's. It's like almost always full. I've been driving arround Marrickville and what not, but I don't know the exact like different courses, I've just been driving around Marrickville in general, hope that is good enough. I'm not sure if I'll get an instructor for it or not yet.

Anyway thanks. Anyone else know anything about the Marrickville testing area? Any advice would be appreciated.

The-Noodle

HSC
Has no one been to Marrickville?

I'd really appreciate any advice.

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
jst stay calm cuz it'll be over real quick.. dont make it obvious that ur nervous to the testing officer cuz thats not a good sign hehe.. umm.. remember to completely stop and the stop sign.. check mirror and over shoulder and indicate for merging.. slowly take ur time with doing reverse parking.. dont go over the speed limit cuz thats automatic fail.. all that jazz and you'll be fine :)

The-Noodle

HSC
Coolies, I got my P's, it was actually harder than Five Dock in my opinion, but still very much doable. Very happy about getting my P's haha.

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
The-Noodle said:
Coolies, I got my P's, it was actually harder than Five Dock in my opinion, but still very much doable. Very happy about getting my P's haha.
Congrats Noodle! :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
If you drive automatic and have your Ps or something, then you want to learn how to drive manual do you have to do the P test again but for manual?

BayAreasFinest

HSC
I'm fairly sure that once you're on your green plates you can drive manual without requiring a manual license. I could be wrong though, thats just how I remember it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
If you drive automatic and have your Ps or something, then you want to learn how to drive manual do you have to do the P test again but for manual?
2 options:
- do your P1 test again but for manual.
- wait until you can do your P2 test.

Most people do the latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)