PSY104 Exam (1 Viewer)

mserica

HSC
I have read through some threads from 2005 and 2006 and they have helped with regards to the PSY104 Final Exam.

Skittled mentioned in another thread HRM students he knows find psychology hard, i dont know him, but I will put myself into that group. I understand completely the HRM subjects, (but that’s probably because I have worked in the field for a while now). As for psychology it doesn’t seem to click! I thought it would be like stats, of which I understood in the 10th week, but now we are week 13 and psychology doesn’t make seem to sink in (too much science).

Are there any PSY104 students who are doing the unit this semester? How are you finding it? I don’t even know where to start for studying!

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Wish we could help, erica, but psy104 was a few years ago now for a few of us. Any particular questions that we might try to answer?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
mserica said:
I have read through some threads from 2005 and 2006 and they have helped with regards to the PSY104 Final Exam.

Skittled mentioned in another thread HRM students he knows find psychology hard, i dont know him, but I will put myself into that group. I understand completely the HRM subjects, (but that’s probably because I have worked in the field for a while now). As for psychology it doesn’t seem to click! I thought it would be like stats, of which I understood in the 10th week, but now we are week 13 and psychology doesn’t make seem to sink in (too much science).

Are there any PSY104 students who are doing the unit this semester? How are you finding it? I don’t even know where to start for studying!
I actually found the final exams for first year psych quite hard. The reason is because the units are aimed at being a general overview of psychology. As a consequence, multi-guess exam questions could be about basically anything on the 13+ fields covered in the one unit. The exams in later years are more concentrated on specific things, but the scope of the unit is more focused.

Don't mean to put pressure on you. I guess what i'm saying is that to do well you really probably need to just go through everything. Is there any particular concepts your finding hard?

CieL

HSC
Names.

A BILLION of them popped up in my 104 exam last year..

mserica

HSC
Sorry Guys, been stressing out and havent been on for a few days.... The main part I find difficult would have to be neuropsychology almost everything and anything to do with this area - which seems to be a significant component of the unit aswell so I have no choice but to figure out a way of understanding this!!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
As Skittled said, it was a long time ago for us, but with Neuro you just need to know what the 4 areas of the brain correspond to (ie. frontal lobe = logical thought, reasoning, the 'human' part of the brain etc), and where things like Wernicke's etc are located, and what they present as.... And I think she liked sleep, too, so maybe know the different patterns of sleep?

As Jamie said, it was a bit of a bitch of an exam because it was all over the shop. Just remember P=degree! ;)

Hope that helps; good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)