Psy104 Quiz (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Having a psych quiz in my prac next week and it's based on Lectures 2-5 by Chekaluk.. on History and Methods..

I don't know what to expect.

All I remember was him talking about philosophers and kinds of scans available or something.. and the quiz is going to be 20 questions long..

*wonders what he can ask us because I don't remember him teaching us much*

I don't even know where to start with revising. You think the lecture slides are enough help, or should I really read the text (Westen) as well?

Thanks for any advice given =]

lmnopq

HSC
Well i think i am going to re-listen to the lectures and have the overhead notes next to me and jot down anything important he says. The first few lectures i didn't have the notes so i found it hard to follow coz i was trying to copy everything down from the overhead, i honestly didn't learn ANYTHING.

Also on webCT it says to read chapter 1 of Gleitman and also that other little chapter that is in a seperate book. I think maybe you should also work on the excercises in the Gleitman study guide for ch1. But basically it's only going to be based on the lectures, you can just read the books as a supplementary thing.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, i think the quiz will be pretty straightforward. Its multiple guess anyway (i think there are 5 options so u have 20% chance of a correct answer)

But to be on the safe side, a question for 2nd year students, did u have the same assessment last year? What was it like?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
well im a third year (technically second but whatever) i did this two years ago... and it was exactly the same

don't worry its piss easy i got 18/20... and plus i think the average last year was 15/20 ... so that should give an indication of how easy it is

n e who

remember dates and try to get the nature vs nurture thing and remember names, dates. I used to have notes on em, i just studied them

lemme check if i still have them matie

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey i found it but i can't attach it to here coz apparently it exceeds the limit for this type of file.. i dunno why its only like 3 pages

HISTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY.doc:
Your file of 341.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype

Send me an email ac_sebastian@hotmail.com and i'll reply back with the file

I'm going to bed so i'll probably do it on friday nite.

TalkieToaster

HSC
Heya,

I am in PSY104 also. Good luck in the quiz! There isn't too much to cover in those lectures, so don't be too afraid. Just get the important names and dates in your head, along with the definitions of the terms and you will do fine.

On an unrelated topic - How are you finding Biological bases of behaviour? The lectures seem to jump around topics quite a bit .. I think the text makes more sense!

Alex :)

lmnopq

HSC
clairegirl said:
hey i found it but i can't attach it to here coz apparently it exceeds the limit for this type of file.. i dunno why its only like 3 pages

HISTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY.doc:
Your file of 341.5 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype

Send me an email ac_sebastian@hotmail.com and i'll reply back with the file

I'm going to bed so i'll probably do it on friday nite.
Thats really sweet of you! We appreciate your kindness..

TalkieToaster said:
Heya,

On an unrelated topic - How are you finding Biological bases of behaviour? The lectures seem to jump around topics quite a bit .. I think the text makes more sense!

Alex :)
i'm finding it really hard to follow. the lecture does jump around A LOT, i feel like there is no structure and she speaks too fast. i dont have enough time to make sense of what shes saying and theres not enough time to write it down so i can try and understand it later...

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
The biology lady is really scattered, but there isnt much you really need to know. Just concentrate on the different 'waves' of sleep and... lol, thats all I can remember! :D

As Anne said, this exam is easy, but its really boring to study for. Like shoot-me-in-the-head boring. I cant remember a single piece of information from it, which just highlights how important it is in the scheme of things! I think the last questions is always about you applying a theory to someone acting in a particular way, or something like that...

Good luck! :)

CieL

HSC
TalkieToaster said:
How are you finding Biological bases of behaviour?
I missed lecture 3 >< Had a car accident and didnt make it to majority of the lecture, but I did see that action-potential graph and remember learning it in yr12 biology, just not as indepth as what she was saying about the potassium or sodium or something =S

I was so lost during the last 10mins of that lecture because I had no idea what was going on.

CieL

HSC
Oh boy.. everyone is saying names and dates

1. I don't remember learning specific dates =S
2. I suck a remembering those two things

Ehehehhe well hope I pass!!

Good luck to all doing it (even though you probably won't need it)

And thanks so much - this is my first quiz so no idea what to expect hehe =]

Oh btw, did anyone else do that smell experiment for research participation? Was that liquid putrid or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)