psych/laws help (1 Viewer)

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
need help as srs apps close in like 2 weeks!!!
- which is better for psych (hons) - usyd or unsw?
- which is better for law - usyd or unsw? (other than the lat)
- why is the lsr for psych(hons)/law 92.9 but 98 for psych(hons) at unsw? does that mean if im not good enough for psych i can still get pretty much the same degree by applying for psych/law?? or are there other requirements you'd have to meet?

bonus: which is better overall? usyd or unsw?? i heard that usyd is better for academics but unsw has a better social life, but i dont think i can choose one over the other lol

thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

specificagent1

HSC
psych(hons)/law is 92.9 because of LAT. Note also the lsr displayed is probably based of a gateway offer, if you look at the median selection rank for double law it is 97.7

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
psych(hons)/law is 92.9 because of LAT. Note also the lsr displayed is probably based of a gateway offer, if you look at the median selection rank for double law it is 97.7
even under gateway though (which im applying for) its still 85 for double law (dont need lat) and 90 for psych hons, which baffles me cause i would have thought law/psych would be harder. its so weird that the atar for double law is standardised across all courses

Last edited:

specificagent1

HSC
even under gateway though (which im applying for) its still 85 for double law (no need lat) and 90 for psych hons, which baffles me cause i would have thought law/psych would be harder. its so weird that the atar for double law is standardised across all courses
btw are u sitting the lat

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
The lower selection rank is probably an anomaly as not many people would do Psych(Hons) and Law. Those who are intending on becoming a registered/clinical psych would probably be focusing on just the one.
that makes a lot of sense thanks! guess its my backdoor to psych lmfaooo

specificagent1

HSC
@addictedtobubbletea on a side note, i know that macquarie is the other uni that offers psych hons/ law. You should look into it and maybe apply for an early offer via leaders and achievers for it. I got an early offer for them that i'm keeping as a backup in case unsw doesnt go as plan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)