Psychic fails to predict crystal ball fire (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
From ABC News:

Psychic fails to predict crystal ball fire
A French amateur psychic's powers of prediction are under sharp scrutiny after his crystal ball started an inferno that burnt out his flat.

British newspaper The Times reports that the fortune-telling device caused a fire that destroyed two other flats and rendered several more uninhabitable.

Herve Vandrot, 24, who studies botany at Edinburgh University, left his trusty crystal ball on a windowsill while he sauntered off to the city's Royal Botanical Garden.

He returned surprised to find his top floor flat ablaze and suffered blistering to a hand after dashing in to rescue some course work.

He was dragged out of the building by some of the 35 firefighters, who rushed to tackle the inferno.

Mr Vandrot had only been in the flat for two weeks.

After a night in hospital, Mr Vandrot insisted the crystal ball was not to blame.

"I don't think it is capable of doing that. I think it was an electrical fault; the plug of my computer was melted."

However, Edinburgh firefighters say they could see it coming.

"Strong sunlight through glass, particularly if the glass is filled with liquid like a goldfish bowl, concentrates the sun's rays and acts like a magnifying glass," a spokesman said.

"The fire had been started by the ball concentrating a ray of sunshine on a pile of washing."

- AFP

LOL kinda funny.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The crystal ball wasn't on fire... it refracted the sun's rays on to the pile of laundry and caused it to catch alight.... just like how you can make fire with a magnifying glass and sunlight.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This reminds me of the time my principal's house burnt down while he was in the garden reading the bible.
Before I could ask him, he said "Yes, I was reading Revelations"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)