psychology-any other ways? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i think it's b arts, and then u can transfer

95 is pretty high, so there are other ways to get in, i am sure of it

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Rahul
not psychology, but looking to get to a certain course the long way, through different degrees.....

yea, comp engg to accounting to applied finance to actua ...... zzzzzz

crazylilmonkee

HSC
What about a science degree? u can do psychology thru that cant ya?? well if i dont get into commerce or eco i guess its arts for me too

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS

IN PSYCHOLOGY

Four years of approved academic training in Psychology towards registration is available through:

UAC
Code
2003 UAI Cut-off

Bachelor of Psychology

Bachelor of Science Advanced Science 429013

Bachelor of Science

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sukiyaki
do b arts? and major in it?
yeh, you can, but its not easy (I don't want to put you off though). The reason is that psychology is a science and therefore usually studied under B.Science or B.Adv.Sci, or in B.Psych if you're really serious and want to one day become a psychologist -not B.Arts (even though you can major in it under Arts I think).

People are more likely to take a B.Science graduate with a major in psychology seriously, than a B.Arts graduate (I think), for the reason that psychology is a science, and by majoring in it under arts implies that the university sees it as an 'art'.
Originally posted by iambored
yeah i think it's b arts, and then u can transfer

95 is pretty high, so there are other ways to get in, i am sure of it
but remember you'll have to catch up when you transfer - B.Psych has a psychology course in first year that you are only allowed to attend if you are in the B.Psych degree.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by j-belle
but remember you'll have to catch up when you transfer - B.Psych has a psychology course in first year that you are only allowed to attend if you are in the B.Psych degree.
You sure about that? I know it's not the case at USYD...

j-belle

HSC
N/A
since we're talking on the UNSW forum, yes I'm 100% sure of it.

It's called 'PSYC1021: Introduction to Psychological Applications', and it's offered in 2nd semester 1st year, only to B.Psych students.

Also at UNSW, all 1st year B.Psych students get mentors (who are 3rd year B.Psych students), who help them throughout 1st year with the material. The B.Psych students also get to meet with the professors and lecturers from the School of Psychology through lunches and dinners etc held for the B.Psych students, some on-campus, some off-campus (eg one this year was held at the Professor's mansion).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by j-belle
some on-campus, some off-campus (eg one this year was held at the Professor's mansion).
I've never heard of an Australian academic who could afford a mansion :p

j-belle

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I've never heard of an Australian academic who could afford a mansion :p
a lot of the School of Psychology lecturers and professors are from the US and UK (and have done most of their work/research overseas). Then again, a lot of them also don't just lecture/do research, several of them also own private practices in Sydney.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Yes. Majoring in psyc until you do transfer (if you qualify).

Ac
can i do this even if i say, combine Bscience (major in psychology) with Engineering...then would i still be able to study psychology?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)