Pymble tops Italian most years (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey I dont know if this is true, but firstly does anyone ever question how on earth Pymble always top the HSC in Italian Beginners almost every year bar 06.

Does anyone have a good reason?

Well I just found out that they dont "cheat" as such - but really exploit a loop hole.

All their girls do Italian in year 10 - not the usual year 8, then they choose Italian Beginners and have 3 years to do the course.

is this true?
what's your opinion about it?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: Pymble - Cheats

Honestly, have a whinge?

Unless they rig the HSC system cmopletely (alter marks etc.) there is no reason to cry about it.

I mean, theres top students in Viet/Chinese/[insert foreign language here] that are from the country of their language, but it isn't THAT big a eal.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A

yeah youre one of those losers who think oh yeah - if it didnt happen to me it doesnt matter.

Im not whinging for the sake of it, im just saying - people praise this school for their talent etc etc and their italian teacher due to their results, when really they do cheat.

and idiot, vietnamese and all your "foreign languages here" are allowed, vietnamese is a continuers course, unlike what pymble do with italian beginners.

chinese also has background speakers and continuers.

so while youre insulting people with "honestly have a whinge?" how about you learn the basics first.

oh and btw are you from pymble?

jackattack

HSC
N/A

my school got the top four or five places in society and culture last year.

ITZ A CONSIPRACY

eyetalian

HSC
N/A

no that isnt a conspiracy at all, the teacher at that school is renowned for being superb at society and culture and they dont get top in the state every single year.

read my whole post first

eyetalian

HSC
N/A

yeah i reckon itd be a little bit different if everyone in the state were given 3 years to do a beginners language??

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

eyetalian said:
yeah youre one of those losers who think oh yeah - if it didnt happen to me it doesnt matter.

Im not whinging for the sake of it, im just saying - people praise this school for their talent etc etc and their italian teacher due to their results, when really they do cheat.

and idiot, vietnamese and all your "foreign languages here" are allowed, vietnamese is a continuers course, unlike what pymble do with italian beginners.

chinese also has background speakers and continuers.

so while youre insulting people with "honestly have a whinge?" how about you learn the basics first.

oh and btw are you from pymble?
Ouch, the personal attack of "loserdom".

You have yet to provide solid evidence as to how it is "cheating" ? They have 3 years to do one course, that shouldn't be stopping people from starting Italian before they actually start it at school.

You might as well call me a cheat for studying 2unit HSC math in yr 10, beacuse omg, I had 3 years to do a 2 year course!

Let's not also ignore the fact, you're asking for an opinion, I'm giving it. Sorry, not evyerone thinks the way you do.

Yes I'm from Pymble, my signature clearly says "PYMBLE HIGH SCHOOL"

eyetalian

HSC
N/A

tommykins said:
Ouch, the personal attack of "loserdom".

You have yet to provide solid evidence as to how it is "cheating" ? They have 3 years to do one course, that shouldn't be stopping people from starting Italian before they actually start it at school.

You might as well call me a cheat for studying 2unit HSC math in yr 10, beacuse omg, I had 3 years to do a 2 year course!

Let's not also ignore the fact, you're asking for an opinion, I'm giving it. Sorry, not evyerone thinks the way you do.

Yes I'm from Pymble, my signature clearly says "PYMBLE HIGH SCHOOL"
i never actually said they cheated

in my first post i said = they dont "cheat" as such.

mm true. most opinions differ to mine, so i must be wrong and yes it is true all schools do it for different subjects, mainly maths.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

eyetalian said:
i never actually said they cheated

in my first post i said = they dont "cheat" as such.

mm true. most opinions differ to mine, so i must be wrong and yes it is true all schools do it for different subjects, mainly maths.
eyetalian said:

And if schools do it for other subjects, whats the problem here mate?

Essentially, you have 4-5 years to do everything you can leading up to the HSC, so why not utilise that time and study beforehand? So that when you reach/do a course, its simply revision?

HSC

eyetalian said:
yeah i reckon itd be a little bit different if everyone in the state were given 3 years to do a beginners language??
i did HSC biology and adanced maths in three years and it did NOT do me any favours, they ended up doing the worst in them...this is probably a different case for languages though.

that could have been beacause by the end of it i just go sooo sick of it, AND because my teachers were not very good at motivating us when our other subjects seemed so much more difficult, thus in our minds more important

just because you have longer to do a subject does not mean you will go well, my guess is that pymbal italian teachers are first rate.

be happy for pymbal

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

u've done the hsc .. why worry about it?

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Wheres your proof that they actually do this? Is this based on hard-proof evidence or baseless rumours?

bassistx

HSC

is this true?
what's your opinion about it?
He explicity asked if it were true or not, stop questioning him/her and asking for proof ffs because he didn't claim it was legit.

I think everyone missed the point...
They don't study ahead on their own terms, they are actually taught the subject at school ahead of the rest of the state. At least, that's what I gathered.
This really gets to me. I do 3 languages so I know what it's like. They shouldn't be doing Beginners, that's completely unfair.
They obviously have an advantage if this is true.

Smithereens

HSC

bassistx said:
He explicity asked if it were true or not, stop questioning him/her and asking for proof ffs because he didn't claim it was legit.

I think everyone missed the point...
They don't study ahead on their own terms, they are actually taught the subject at school ahead of the rest of the state. At least, that's what I gathered.
This really gets to me. I do 3 languages so I know what it's like. They shouldn't be doing Beginners, that's completely unfair.
They obviously have an advantage if this is true.
Someone's obviously jealous. He could be making a load of garbage and you've just fallen for it.

bassistx

HSC

Could be, yes. He didn't say it was true. He asked if the rumors were true.
Of course I'm jealous, I'm still doing my HSC wtf? I have every right to be jealous.

Smithereens

HSC

If you're so worried about it, then do something about it. Might as well contact the Board of Studies about it if it's such a worrying issue.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

yeah its nothing to concerning.
Thats like at JR they teach 3u maths in y10.
there was a thread about that a while back

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC

haet dem cheaterz :(

On a serious note: What happens if you do a beginners language but you understand it well/parents speak it? I heard you could be DQ

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

I heard you sign a paper before undertaking that course.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

Pymble's Ladies ROCK!

Last year they got 2 100 UAI and 2 99.95 UAI! What's wrong with that? Being jealous? They are simply awesome! This sort of question is just like: Can anyone explain why James Ruse has topped the state since 2004? They are simply damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)