(QLD) Medicine Transfer (1 Viewer)

fmlplz

HSC
Hi, I got my atar today and I was really really disappointed :(
I got an 81 ATAR which is far off from studying dentistry or medicine
Are there any courses you guys recommend (at a Qld university) that is good to transfer with?
I considered pharmacy but apparently, the content's really heavy and it's hard to achieve high marks in
I also considered Bachelor of Science at UQ, is that a good course to transfer from?
My interests are maths and science so please help me out
Thank you!

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I got my atar today and I was really really disappointed :(
I got an 81 ATAR which is far off from studying dentistry or medicine
Are there any courses you guys recommend (at a Qld university) that is good to transfer with?
I considered pharmacy but apparently, the content's really heavy and it's hard to achieve high marks in
I also considered Bachelor of Science at UQ, is that a good course to transfer from?
My interests are maths and science so please help me out
Thank you!
fmlplz don't worry or stress out as I strongly recommend you to apply for Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours) at the University of Queensland via QTAC using QTAC code: 731101.

This will help you in the long run as you can work at a major Pharmaceutical Company with a Bachelor of Biotechnology (Honours) Dual Majoring in Drug Design & Development & Innovation Management at UQ and you only need an ATAR of 81.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
The best to transfer to medicine/dentistry in QLD would be JCU. The degree doesn't matter as long as you get the marks. my friend did science at jcu for one year then transferred to dentistry after one year, so it is possible. Remember that external transfer to jcu med/dent is not possible, only internal. So remember to study a degree at jcu. Last year, ten science students from jcu applied to med/dent to transfer, 6 got accepted to med and 4 went to dent. so it is very possible to transfer, just remember to get good marks in your degree for one year. PLUS, they don't need ucat so that's a bonus. However they do need a portfolio as an alternative so getting experience in the medical field would help during your one year of uni to transfer. Dent doesn't need interview so that's a bonus too.

UQ is only an option if you anticipate to transfer to dentistry. Medicine is only postgraduate. The degree you choose to transfer to dentistry at UQ is important as they will require you to do specific classes in your first year of uni. Pharmacy, physio, nursing, are recommended according to their website. Biotechnology is good but not sure will make you eligible to transfer to dentistry. For medicine, do an undergraduate degree that has biology and chemistry as that is required of you, other then that any degree is fine. Dentistry does need ucat, and medicine needs gamsat :/

I would recommend jcu over uq since it is easier to transfer plus doesn't need ucat and interview (for dentistry). But it is up to you in the end.
Good luck with your pathway to dent/med and hope everything goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)