HSC
N/A
hey everyone
im desperately looking for a place i could study quietly
preferrably a private room for individual study
in libraries or universities etc
i heard macquarie uni library is good for quiet studying
anywhere else?
i live around hurstville area and ive been to hrustville library many times, but the quiet study area is ALWAYS very distracting with people coming in and out , and these stupid students going there to talk and disrupt others who are studying

so yeh im looking for any place where i can do very quiet studying, with seperate rooms
around hurstville area if possible, or any place you know
thanks!!

PS i just realised i spelt QUIET wrong in the title. LOL im scared that will scare people from entering this thread :(
PPS. I KNOW HOW TO SPELL I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY TITLE :):):)

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
hey everyone
im desperately looking for a place i could study quietly
preferrably a private room for individual study
in libraries or universities etc
i heard macquarie uni library is good for quiet studying
anywhere else?
i live around hurstville area and ive been to hrustville library many times, but the quiet study area is ALWAYS very distracting with people coming in and out , and these stupid students going there to talk and disrupt others who are studying

so yeh im looking for any place where i can do very quiet studying, with seperate rooms
around hurstville area if possible, or any place you know
thanks!!
Hurstville pride! Go to the quiet room in Hurstville! It's right at the back. There's no one to distract you and I am going tomorrow morning until night time.

ilk

HSC
N/A
Hurstville pride! Go to the quiet room in Hurstville! It's right at the back. There's no one to distract you and I am going tomorrow morning until night time.
LOL omgd i was planning that too! haha freakyyyy!
but isnt it too loud sometimes? i was like, literally camping there for my trials, all these lebs (not to be racist to anyone) where just standing around, talking to their friends inside there
it was soooo annoying!!
AND i get annoyed very easily :'( theres atleast one person every time, who doesnt put their phone on silent, or coughs every 2 seconds etc
LOLOLOLOL thanks for the suggestion! HURSTVILLE PRIDE YES

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
LOL omgd i was planning that too! haha freakyyyy!
but isnt it too loud sometimes? i was like, literally camping there for my trials, all these lebs (not to be racist to anyone) where just standing around, talking to their friends inside there
it was soooo annoying!!
AND i get annoyed very easily :'( theres atleast one person every time, who doesnt put their phone on silent, or coughs every 2 seconds etc
LOLOLOLOL thanks for the suggestion! HURSTVILLE PRIDE YES
That was on a weekday? I was there! I was next to them!

jnney

lemon
HSC
state library is super quiet. also some of the sydney uni libraries. :)

ilk

HSC
N/A
That was on a weekday? I was there! I was next to them!
i mean like, everytime i go, theres always a group of people talking in there
well i hardly go on weekends since it doest open til night
like sunday, its open for 4 hours only LOL
is it usually packed when you go there?
hurstville has atleast 10 schools around it, so im guessing you have to go there early to get a seat at the study area..

and wtf youre year 11 oh god when i was in year 11, i did not step a foot in the library,...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
i mean like, everytime i go, theres always a group of people talking in there
well i hardly go on weekends since it doest open til night
like sunday, its open for 4 hours only LOL
is it usually packed when you go there?
hurstville has atleast 10 schools around it, so im guessing you have to go there early to get a seat at the study area..

and wtf youre year 11 oh god when i was in year 11, i did not step a foot in the library,...
I have dreams. Now, go to quiet area 9:30 tomorrow, I guarantee no distractions. Except for Spiral's loud writing.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
^This.
I can second the State Library. Very quiet, very nice.
I don't want to sound pedantic or anything, but...you spelt 'quiet' wrong.

thorax94

HSC
Don't you listen to music whilst studying?? or is it just me?

Maybe you could try your local park. I used to enjoy reading under the shades of the trees but mind you, it wasn't school holidays so it may not be the best idea now.

ilk

HSC
N/A
^This.
I can second the State Library. Very quiet, very nice.
I don't want to sound pedantic or anything, but...you spelt 'quiet' wrong.
haha yeah i know its so embarrasing i dont know how to change it LOL noob right here

ilk

HSC
N/A
Don't you listen to music whilst studying?? or is it just me?

Maybe you could try your local park. I used to enjoy reading under the shades of the trees but mind you, it wasn't school holidays so it may not be the best idea now.
yes i do! to drown out the background noise, like tv and stuff
i try to listen to quiet music but sometimes some beats motivate me LOL
the thing is, i have to open my laptop to listen to music, and then i get distracted with my laptop since its on..and then.. youtube fb blah the usual procrasination mode LOL
THATS WHY I NEED A DEAD QUIET PLACE!! hahaha

ilk

HSC
N/A
l thought your a robot, dont you type?
another thing i hate, when im the library and theres some douche is next to me on their laptop, and they sound like their smashing their keyboard or something
these stuff just irritates me LOL i know im the problem since no one seems to get annoyed by these XD

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I like subtle noise, if it is dead silent - I hear the sound of my thoughts which is scary per se.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
haha yeah i know its so embarrasing i dont know how to change it LOL noob right here
You change it by going to your first post, and go to edit (located at the bottom right corner of the post) then --->Go advanced --->and then you should be able to change the title of the thread. Then click save. and then should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)