query on section 1 of AOS (1 Viewer)

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
The last question of section 1 is usually a "mini-essay" worth 5-6 marks.
Can i include information answered in the previous questions into this last one?

radioheaded

HSC
No. You must include new information. Read last years markers notes; apparently a lot of people did that and got :hammer:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
yes, but generally its more impressive to find something new.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
radioheaded said:
No. You must include new information. Read last years markers notes; apparently a lot of people did that and got :hammer:
=\ Well according to Karen Yager its fine but doesn't display the same level on interaction with the texts.

radioheaded

HSC
Karen Yager...?

Well of course you can include information you've already mentioned, technically you can include whatever you want. But I've heard from teachers, tutors, past students, markers etc that what gets you the marks is the concepts and then introducing new techs to back up your thesis.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
Im getting mixed responses.

What if i mention my old stuff + new stuff lool

henry08

HSC
N/A
Of course you can use stuff you've already mention. However make sure you compare/contrast or hwatever it asks and that you add a bit more info if it is relevant ot hte question (but in that case you should have had it in previous relevant questions).

radioheaded

HSC
I've always been told you must introduce new material, but of course you can repeat yourself if it's relevant. Sorry, hope that helps :)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I've been told to use different techniques as the same marker makrs the whole comprehension so they will be able to tell. Maybe you could try using the more obscure techniques for the low marking questions and use the ones you feel you can get alot out of for the 5-6 marker.

henry08

HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Maybe you could try using the more obscure techniques for the low marking questions
That sounds like a bad idea. 1 mark is still 1 mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)