question 1 - Genre (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am fairly proud of my genre essay... i chucked in a lot of genre theory stuff..like daniele chandla.... and a few other theorists... i also did the extrinsic reading vai contenxts thing... how mani texts did u mention? i mentioned 3 supps and 3 prescribed..ibut i think i was a lil too ambitious... cuz onli had abt 40 minz for my creative.. oh welll.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i mentioned whatever I can think of. but my essay wasn't really structured as well as i thought I could do. I guess the whole last exam get-it-over-and-done-with thing is hitting me!

HSC
N/A
i thought it was okay, the whole conventions thing applied to a mass group of students, but there was scope for better candidates to show their knowledge, gave the opporunity to mention genre theories such at the auteur and parallel paradigm theory. overall pretty good, only did 2 prescribed texts for RT, but 12 related, so we'll see

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
2 and 2 texts
i thought the questions were pretty good

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I did 3 prescribed and bout 6 related. It was ok, very run-of-the-mill question.

smeyo

how cuold you talk about that many texts?????
did you just mention the m briefly

i talked about 2 prescribed and 2 additional but like 3- pages on each...... it was a very basic yet good question.......essay is my strong point...

smeyo

thats right, like i thought that many in detail would take forever as is took me hour 10 to write bout 4.....

Stuwy85

i did 2 prescribed and 4 related. 2 related in depth (one like 3 and a half pages) and the other 2 only about a page on each, i wrote 15 all up (pages) with approx 10-11 words a line

smeyo

question was

genre sets a framework of conventions
how useful is it to understand textx in terms of genre? are texts more engaging when they conform to the conventions, or when they challenge and play with the conventions?
in your answer, draw on your knowledge of at least 2 prescribed texts from your elective, as well as others of your own choosing..

exact wording

Wiggum

I did 2 & 2. It doesn't matter about how much you write anyway, usually, but the quality of it. So stop stressing about it when people write more than you.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Bleah, I did two and three. I spent way too much time on the usefulness of genre, so I kind of had to rush my books a bit, but all in all it was a blah question. Basically just regurgitating.

Wiggum

It is basically regurgitating, but you do need to twist it. Let me change about what i said before about quality over quantity. If you can write a HELL of alotta bs, like 2 booklets worth, then you're assured 20/25. If you can write prefectly, then you don't need to worry about quantity. But the rule of thumb is really quantity over quality.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I made references to other texts briefly, but didn't discuss them much other than mentioning the bits I wanted.

And yeah, regurgitating with style. :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
how mani texts did u mention?
2 prescribed, 2 supplementary.
and couldnt be bothered with super neat hand writing..
I learnt this lesson from my trials, neat writing doesn't mean anything. I figure the examiners are getting paid to mark, so if my writing is legible (not neat, but legible), then they can strain to read my writing for all I care, hehehe! :p (I'm only sitting the HSC once, so I'm not coming back for seconds, might as well write fast+not so neat, than slow+neat).
Time is everything :)
I did 3 prescribed and bout 6 related.
You're crazy! :gasp:
I did 2 & 2. It doesn't matter about how much you write anyway, usually, but the quality of it. So stop stressing about it when people write more than you.
Exactly! :)
But the rule of thumb is really quantity over quality.
Don't you mean quality over quantity? You can crap on for 4 booklets and receive ziltch, and have one other student go through 1 entire booklet (writing normally/"slowly" you might put it, and receive 20/25).

I talked about 2 and 2, in-depth, spent an hour on each question (1&3, Crime Fiction) so my time management was fine.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
My time management was fine as well... but I found myself running out of things to say in the Creative (Crime fiction). I ended up repeating myself a little bit I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)