Question 11 (1 Viewer)

Vespers

HSC
Okay, so I blabbered on about denominational switching in the entire space provided, because, frankly, I didn't get the question. But I knew that was wrong, so as an afterthought, I wrote, "Ecumenism has grown because churches want greater unity and a joint voice on matters. Also immigration accounts for the Chinese and Tongan ministers." (Or something like that.) Wishful thinking, but do you think I'll get a mark?

Ugh.

HSC
If you quoted the source, or referred to the source youll get one for that.

and youll probably get another mark or maybe two cause u mentioned denominatla switching.

but,you needed to extend the answer to like catholicism, orthodox, jewish, islam, buddhism, no religion etc.

AnandDNA

HSC
also there were 2 sunday services and 2 sunday school sessions in teh 1965 sign but only 1 of each in teh 2009 sign. I linked that to the increasing secularism in australian society. Oh and i did the immigration thing
But i failed to see the ecumenism thing :(

Vespers

HSC
Waaait a minute. You mean it was asking you to account for the religious landscape overall, rather than account for the changes indicated in the source (ecumenism, as it turns out) exclusively? Oh my god... I'm fucking stupid. But that's good 'cause I'll actually get marks for talking about denominational switching.

Hmm, I don't remember the exact wording of the question. Can someone confirm this?

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Yeah I did how immigration because of the Chinese and Tongan services, Christianity as a major religion due to the churches being Christian. Denominational switching due to the fact that the two signs have different churches...I did something about female ministers leading to denominational switching as well..and i almost (key word is almost, spewing that I didn't now) put down something to do with secularism and the decreasing amount of services

HSC
pretty sure, it said using the source and your own knowledge, account for the religious landscape/adherence in Australia. not specifically just the source.

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Did anyone mention the obvious? That in 1977 Methodist and some Presbyterian churches merged and became the Uniting Church? lol.

Woteva636

HSC
i had a question like that in my trial that i screwed up big time, you dont even have to mention the signs, just something from them, eg i said methodsits etc merged to form uniting church. see, now thats out of the way, i am free to talk about immigration and secularism.

HSC
Did anyone mention the obvious? That in 1977 Methodist and some Presbyterian churches merged and became the Uniting Church? lol.
exactly what i said ! hahah its the simplest thing in the source . :) which then allowed me to use my own knowledge for other areas of our landscape such as no religion, catholics, buddhist etc

paja22

Super Saiyan
HSC
woo! i wrote about multiculturalism AND the denominations merging
hurrah. i did something right

larahrah

HSC
as did I. also rambled about immigration and i think there was a female minister? i dont even know what i was talking about i was so thrown off by question 3 lol i didnt even care about this q

Aeriff

HSC
I wrote pretty much what everyone's already said in this thread.. except I used the word 'multiculturalisation' which I'm sure isn't a word. :(

ubermale

HSC
Yeah, I mentioned that in 1977, the Methodists, Presbyterians and Congregationalists united to form the Uniting Church. It was also significant that it was a Methodist Church that turned into a Uniting Church (in stimulus) as the Methodists were the most active group in encouraging and working towards this unification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)