Question 14 Solutions (1 Viewer)

yoyo6

HSC
The question said "between 125m and 180m", doesn't that mean the boundary values of theta are not included?

osak23

HSC
N/A
sorry i dont understand..

so are you saying that low 50s like 52/70 will be scaled up to an e4??
just for the hsc mark?

anja123

HSC
N/A
Carrot sticks, just a quick question on your opinion of q11 f ii) where it asked for values of n - I wrote 4n where n doesnt equal 0 - though I see that terry lee solutions say n= 4k - is this the type of answer that the bored of studies picks up on and takes marks off for :(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Carrot sticks, just a quick question on your opinion of q11 f ii) where it asked for values of n - I wrote 4n where n doesnt equal 0 - though I see that terry lee solutions say n= 4k - is this the type of answer that the bored of studies picks up on and takes marks off for :(
He now has "n=4k, k is a non-negative integer', which is correct.

If I recall correctly, it was asking for values of n such that the expansion has a constant term? If that is the case, n can most certainly be equal to zero, in which case the entire term is equal to 1 ie: constant.

But this kind of subtlety, I doubt the BOS will deduct marks for.

NickGero

HSC
He now has "n=4k, k is a non-negative integer', which is correct.

If I recall correctly, it was asking for values of n such that the expansion has a constant term? If that is the case, n can most certainly be equal to zero, in which case the entire term is equal to 1 ie: constant.

But this kind of subtlety, I doubt the BOS will deduct marks for.
If they're not being too fussed about specifics for that question, do you think 'n is divisible by 4' would suffice, even though that doesn't really take 0 into account?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
That might get docked if you are unlucky because stating divisibility by 4 also includes the negatives, ie -8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)