Question 14 - WTF?! (1 Viewer)

What does the government's action demonstrate?

• Violation of rule of law

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Exercise of executive privellage

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Application of natural law

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Violation of Separation of powers

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Muchi

HSC
Okay which one is it? I know it's between A and D. The others are just crap options. But I dunno... I put D because I was thinking they are acting in ultra vires which is violatiing the independance of the three arms of government. Something like that... I remember reading that the separation of powers is meant to preventy abuse of power. But let's see...

aus-love.it.or.

HSC
Well I was thrown by this, but put D.
Because well the government had been told that it was not allowed to seize the land. So in the eyes of the law, and following rule of law, it has still been treated the same hasn't it? Like they were told they could not do it, so it isn't really a violation of rule of law... or how i read it anyway

cogito.ergo.sum

HSC
According to my teacher (although we argued in regards to this question considerably) the fact that the executive can implement decisions independent of the judiciary and consequently with varied results is a demonstration of separation of powers rather than its violation. therefore the answer was supposed to be a. but i'm still hoping that his reasoning is flawed. lol. :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
cogito.ergo.sum said:
According to my teacher (although we argued in regards to this question considerably) the fact that the executive can implement decisions independent of the judiciary and consequently with varied results is a demonstration of separation of powers rather than its violation. therefore the answer was supposed to be a. but i'm still hoping that his reasoning is flawed. lol. :)
we had a similar discussion in our class. teacher argued that as well. i hate questions like that. where the wording is crucially important and could mean your wrong even if you know exactly what the definition is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)