Question 16 c (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I've always hated the groups in context questions because there are such enormous issues involved. How did people respond to this?

The specific needs of groups within the community must be prioritised to ensure equitable access to resources. Assess this statement in relation to the specific needs of two groups you have studied.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm well i talked about specific needs..
aged- health, financial support and housing
youth- education, employment and self esteem
then saying they need to fulfill these needs (and how its done) to be able to effectively identify and access resources.. with wellbeing in like every paragraph lol
i dont think it made much sense in the end and probably didnt really answer the question

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yeah I answered in terms of those specific needs but more to the point, I found it hard to structure. Its a rather complex issue and I think i ended up gabbling. It Occured to me later that the point I was trying to meet was that different needs can be of a different extent. stupid example but you cant say that a person who cant needs access to oxygen immediatly is less in need than someone who needs their social needs fulfilled.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
yeah i found it hard to structure as well... but unlike Mon i only got to talk about 2 needs per group
Aged: Health and Self Esteem
Homeless: Housing and Financial Support
but i integrated a few other needs throughout the answer, but those were the main ones i focused on. I didn't know how to prioritise them.. or what this even meant?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i kinda wrote 12 pages for groups in context and i spent the most time on it.. which is why i fit in so many needs
i probably shouldnt have but i was avoiding the other long answers lol

Bobbie

badly worded question.

Yeah i thought that question was badly worded very bad infact...
but anyway i wrote about the ages and their health needs and housing needs and access to location crap and then chorinically ill sense of identity and health needs again cant remmebr if i talked bout any other needs maybe finanical needs then just related it abck to access to resources crap. I didnt find the intergrating the 2 together bad just the wording of the question hard to figure out what the meant.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i did the youth and the aged. basically i waffled on about the characteristics of both groups for a while, and how the groups were at either end of the lifespan. i went on to talk about how the elderly generally need more access to health and stuff. i said that the youth need education as their priority because they are at important time of their lives, yada, yada, and they need the skills to equip them for their futures...

beejay86

hey there was a few people, including myself, confused about the term 'equitable' and 'equity' in this part. We all assume that the question meant to discuss equality, and not equity.....some people were saying we were only meant to discuss the financial resources two groups needed..i was confused and still am can somebody help me????

beejay86

thank god im not alone!!

Some people who did business studies interpretted 'equity' to be only about their financial circumstances, however i was writing about equality in all the fields of housing, well-being, employment and all that......every1 was having a shit at the end of that 1 !!!! We never ever heard the term 'equity' in our entire CAFS course..its not even in the com and family studies textbook index!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
uhh beejay.. have u ever read ur cafs syllabus?
the last point in the second column in groups in context..
"think critically about equity issues faced by groups and formulate management strategies to address them"
equity is equality.. for example for ATSI equity issues include stereotypes, the stolen generation and landrights
we had an in class essay with that as the 15 mark question and i did pretty well so yeh that question is the only one im really confident about in the exam [by the way im talking about question b]
in question c equitable access to resources means everyone has the same ability to access resources.. so you needed to address what was stopping people from accessing resources and how to break the barriers.. by adressing their needs

Last edited:

elizarose

cro_angel said:
ummm well i talked about specific needs..
aged- health, financial support and housing
youth- education, employment and self esteem
then saying they need to fulfill these needs (and how its done) to be able to effectively identify and access resources.. with wellbeing in like every paragraph lol
i dont think it made much sense in the end and probably didnt really answer the question
I agree. I like to do this in table form so it had three columns one for the needs then the other two for each group. The table helps me to get all of the information down onto the page before i confuse things. the only problem was i forgot to include the emplyment need (which was n't a pivotal need anyway for my groups-the aged and rural families-)
Then after my artistic table i chose three needs which would be a priority for the community to consider and the discussed why. How did everyone else structure their response?

mishka

HSC
N/A
a few people in my class thought of "equity mate" (you know, that annoying ad!) and also based their essays on finances only. luckily i had a pretty good knowledge of the syllabus... i did gays and lesbians and because i did family and societal interactions as my option, i spoke about certain laws that discriminate against homosexual couples...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Meh I've come to agree with what my friends who don't do CAFS said about it from my notes. "Why do they make common sense so complicated" and "is that for people who wrote learn common sense and critical analysis".

beejay86

haha actually i never read the CAFS syllabus....i dont think our teacher really cared too much if we did or didnt, probs y i didnt understand this 'equity' term....yeah well im happy with what i wrote...which i can hardly remember now haha i wish we got our papers back at the end :(

[caity]

yeah i thought of equity mate ad!!! haha but didnt go on about financial shit all the way thru cuz i thought equity meant equal so yeah.....but overall the paper was pretty hard compared to trials n every otha cafs paper ive done so board of studies is gayyyy god cafs is meant to be easy subject get 80% no fail stupid idiots ruined my plan with their badly worded questions.....multiple choice was good tho no complaints there.....oh n the last question was gayyy took to long so i jus left the exam lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)