Question 20? (1 Viewer)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Lol WTF? they gave you a box!

yea, what he said!

But i put notes outside my box, will they count?
You know what?
I didn't notice the box and just draw a whole table
Well, I drew it so it should be fine.

shady145

Banned
HSC
yea this dot point is right at the end of motors and generators i think
who ever asked for the exact wording, i cant tell u that, but i can give the main details of the question
appliances in the home change electrical energy into other many useful forms, give 3 appliances which change electrical energy into 3 different types of energy. include the name of the appliance, its use and what energy transformation happens

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
yea this dot point is right at the end of motors and generators i think
who ever asked for the exact wording, i cant tell u that, but i can give the main details of the question
appliances in the home change electrical energy into other many useful forms, give 3 appliances which change electrical energy into 3 different types of energy. include the name of the appliance, its use and what energy transformation happens
it said transformation/transfer
So I think we need both

Dx_God

HSC
I think you had to talk about energy like; electrical, kinetic, mechanic, light, heat, etc...
if u put mechanical energy make sure u didn't put like kinetic or potential with it or else that definitely 1 mark gone coz mechanical energy is basically kinetic energy+electrical potential energy. and if u did put mechanical energy down it would look quite stupid coz ur basically saying EPD->kinetic+EPD, but it should still be accepted. if the marker got good concept then they would think it's abit awkward but still it's kinda correct so they'll likely to give u the mark anyway

Dx_God

HSC
it said transformation/transfer
So I think we need both
o.0 wtf...i read the question SEVERAL times and from the wording of it i'm pretty sure all it's asking is change of the forms of energy. (i remember the question said specifically at the end not to put stepping up and down coz i was going to do it anyways but decided not to coz that basically tells the marker that u didn't read the question).
And plus we needed to do 3 appliances for 3 marks, meaning 1 mark each. i'm pretty sure just the change of type of energy is worth 1 mark and stepping up or down should worth another. but for each appliance u only get 1 mark maximum and it specially stated the TYPE of energy in the question so it would be stupid if the question still require u to state stepping up and down. (plus we only learnt stepping up and down for only like tv, oscilloscope... to ask stepping up or down for 3 home appliances is pretty much pushing everyone to their limit and I'm pretty sure that's not what bos wanted to do)
And yea i still remember the dot point this question originated from (coz i'm physic freak). it's from yr 11 preliminary course. u can check and i'm 100% sure about it coz i remember doing it with my teacher (i still remember the tranformation process i put was insanely long and i remembered doing tv and mobile phone and speaker).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)