Question 27 Responses? (1 Viewer)

Creator Failure

Hey,
Just wondering how u guys did in the q. on Globalisation (ie the one on either Australia or another country)
I did my case study on Ireland, and talked about its economic performance has been due to these things:
1. Increased FDI inflows into Ireland ("Industrialisation by Invitation" strategy)
2. Increased quality of life, such as increased education
3. Creating a more favourable business environment (ie maintaining confidence of international investors)
4. Fiscal Policy changes, such as taxation cuts - for individuals(more national savings) and business(part of the FDI flows thing)
5. A change in Irelands export base, from being primary industry based to manufacturing software products (40% of which is carried out by o/s TNCs in Ireland)
Plus talked about links to other advanced economies, such as Australia and how Ireland compares with these countries...
Used a couple of stats, such as eco growth rates etc.

Anyone that did a Globalisation case study, tell us what u reckon bout what I talked bout and what u included in ur essay?
cheers :p

eeyore

I did globalisation, but for Australia. I think I stuffed that up abit, because I could tell I was forgetting stuff.

justme

well chrissy baby.....i have no idea wat ur on bout....lol.....just thought id say hey and dude ur exams are over enjoy it and stop dwelling on dem and the fact that u think u went crap and stuff.....u studied didn u??....u knew ur stuff.....so chill hun....xox...

AGB

HSC
i did ireland as well, but in another post, people seem to think i will lose marks for this structure......

it was a pretty standard structure:

1. economic growth
1a trade and investment
1b TNCs

2. quality of life and human development

3. distribution of income

4. environment

5. implications for govt eco policies

6. international convergence/business cycle - EU, sept 11 etc

they were the main points in my essay, with a main focus on points 1 and 5

i dont see what the problem with it is, but apparently it will "lost marks instantly"

Last edited:

Creator Failure

AGB,
There is a mindmap from the text on the impacts of Globalisation that shows the factors needed for the question....really it all depends on the country, as with Ireland you could talk about most of these:

1. Distribution of income/wealth
2. International convergence
3. Eco growth/quality of life
4. Trade, investment, TNCs
5. Financial Markets
6. Implications for Govt eco policies
7. International Business Cycle
8. Environmental Consequences

I doubt you will lose marks, based on what you said you wrote man...basically 4 mine im lookin at around 15-16/20 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)