Question about ACCG250/251 (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Hi you guys,
I have a friend that is doing her 1st year of Bachelor of Commerce-Accounting at the Uni. But she only got a PC at ISYS123 (cannot figure out the reason, it's unbelievable :cold:). ISYS123 is a seem-to-be unimportant unit, but to my understanding, she must pass this Unit to take ACCG250 or 251 at the Uni, is that rite?
And to graduate the degree, ACCG250/251 is a must? Could she ignore it and choose another subject?
She also wanna be qualified by CPA, so she must fulfilled 9/12 of those knowledge areas:
Search accredited courses
Can she take any other degree other than Bachelor of Commerce-Accounting and also can finish the 9 areas? Another degree on Commerce, for instance?

Mathmatics85

HSC
this is the prereq.

Prerequisites: 18cp and (ACCG105(P) or ACCG101(P)) and (any 100-level COMP or ISYS unit or ACST151)

i don't see any (P) in the last bracket, so i assume ur friend can enrol in 250/251.

and to graduate comm-accg, 251 is a must. she can't ignore it and choose another sub unless shes in Bcom instead of Bcom-accg.

and about avoiding 250/251, it seems unlikely that she'll be qualified by CPA because:

1. ACCG340, auditing, requires you to have done 250/251, and way harder than 250/251
2. If she can't even handle a first year unit, how will she survive the second year, and third (adjusting to uni while freshman not taken into consideration.)
3. she doesn't know a thing about what the core units mean.

So what i recommend to ur friend is,

1. enrol in 250/251, whatever
2. do some serious study
3. get 50 or higher, get done with the unit, don't be a retard and end up getting a PC again
4. enrol in 340, pass it
5. and become CPA.

I know 251 is a fuked up hard ass unit, but hundreds of students attempt it each sem, each year and 60% of them will pass the unit. its not that hard to be in that group.

man I remember doing the 251 final exam and they really got to do something with the format of the exam. never written so many pages in 3 hrs in my life..

Last edited:

blackrider89

HSC
this is the prereq.

Prerequisites: 18cp and (ACCG105(P) or ACCG101(P)) and (any 100-level COMP or ISYS unit or ACST151)

i don't see any (P) in the last bracket, so i assume ur friend can enrol in 250/251.

and to graduate comm-accg, 251 is a must. she can't ignore it and choose another sub unless shes in Bcom instead of Bcom-accg.

and about avoiding 250/251, it seems unlikely that she'll be qualified by CPA because:

1. ACCG340, auditing, requires you to have done 250/251, and way harder than 250/251
2. If she can't even handle a first year unit, how will she survive the second year, and third (adjusting to uni while freshman not taken into consideration.)
3. she doesn't know a thing about what the core units mean.

So what i recommend to ur friend is,

1. enrol in 250/251, whatever
2. do some serious study
3. get 50 or higher, get done with the unit, don't be a retard and end up getting a PC again
4. enrol in 340, pass it
5. and become CPA.

I know 251 is a fuked up hard ass unit, but hundreds of students attempt it each sem, each year and 60% of them will pass the unit. its not that hard to be in that group.

man I remember doing the 251 final exam and they really got to do something with the format of the exam. never written so many pages in 3 hrs in my life..
Thanks so much for your useful reply and advice. I will let she know soon.
I'm also an Accounting student, so hope to discuss with you about our curricula soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)