question about quizes (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
If it says "multiple attempts allowed", does it mean unlimited? It doesn't specify a certain number. There's just one question I keep getting wrong but don't wanna keep trying in case I use up attempts.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have an assessment guide that you can look at?

If it doesn't specify I think it would be unlimited..

Maybe say what the unit is called..and try emailing your tutor/unit coordinator....

hungry

HSC
Ah I always forget about the manuals. I just found out in the manual it's unlimited. Thank you!

engineering

HSC
N/A
If it says "multiple attempts allowed", does it mean unlimited? It doesn't specify a certain number. There's just one question I keep getting wrong but don't wanna keep trying in case I use up attempts.
Think about the logic here.

Consider the case of there being a limit, but you do not know what it is. You are sitting on 9/10 because you cant do one question. Do you?
1: Do nothing and do not make another attempt because you are afraid you cant make any more attempts. What will your mark be?
2: Have another go, which is the last attempt it lets you, and you get it wrong. What will your mark be?
3: Have another go, which is the last attempt it lets you, and you get it right. What will your mark be?
4: Have another go, which is the not the last attempt it lets you, and you get it right. What will your mark be?
5: Have another go, which is the not the last attempt it lets you, and you get it wrong. What will your mark be?

hungry

HSC
Think about the logic here.

Consider the case of there being a limit, but you do not know what it is. You are sitting on 9/10 because you cant do one question. Do you?
1: Do nothing and do not make another attempt because you are afraid you cant make any more attempts. What will your mark be?
2: Have another go, which is the last attempt it lets you, and you get it wrong. What will your mark be?
3: Have another go, which is the last attempt it lets you, and you get it right. What will your mark be?
4: Have another go, which is the not the last attempt it lets you, and you get it right. What will your mark be?
5: Have another go, which is the not the last attempt it lets you, and you get it wrong. What will your mark be?

that's the thing, there was still a chance of it being my last attempt and getting it wrong, hence why I asked here about it before making any more attempts

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I'm pretty sure it's unlimited. Best way to do these quizzes is to talk with your friends and compare answers or actually read the info carefully again.

engineering

HSC
N/A
that's the thing, there was still a chance of it being my last attempt and getting it wrong, hence why I asked here about it before making any more attempts
You have missed the point - hence I hope the unit of study was not logic.

Even if it was your last attempt, your mark could only either go up (if you got the right answer) or stay the same (if you replaced the wrong answer with another wrong answer). Your mark could only go down if you changed one of your correct answers to an incorrect one, and since it is assumed you knew which questions were right or wrong, it would seem most unlikely you would do that.

hungry

HSC
You have missed the point - hence I hope the unit of study was not logic.

Even if it was your last attempt, your mark could only either go up (if you got the right answer) or stay the same (if you replaced the wrong answer with another wrong answer). Your mark could only go down if you changed one of your correct answers to an incorrect one, and since it is assumed you knew which questions were right or wrong, it would seem most unlikely you would do that.
Yeah but I want to get 100% so I don't want it to stay the same thus it would be a waste.

engineering

HSC
N/A
So if you are on 90%, and you want 100%, how can you possibly achieve that if you don't make another attempt.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
So if you are on 90%, and you want 100%, how can you possibly achieve that if you don't make another attempt.
She was obviously going to make an attempt before deadline lol, it seems as though she just wanted to know how many attempts she was allowed to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)