question about transferring (1 Viewer)

HSC :(

hey,

im gon do arts/commerce combined, but the thing is, iv always jus wanted to do psychology. ( i got accepted into ma second preferenc which was arts/commerce, psychology was ma first)

so to the point. i wanna try and transfer to psychology by gettin a credit or distinction average (im not sure what yr supposed to get). so make it i do get to transfer to b. of psychology, does that screw up my commerce degree, since im no longer doin arts??

any help would be much appreciated.

thanx

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, most likely u won't b able to get a commerce degree...unless there are combined degree programs in where u can combine psychology with commerce.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
if u could transfer up to Commerce/Liberal Studies you could major in Psych... if u'd be happy with a major...

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
actually i don't think both deans will allow you to combine psych and commerce. psych is a really demanding course thats why they don't have any combined psych degrees. i'd say do a science/commerce degree so that way you can major in psych, and so your honours in it. i would do psych with the arts/commerce degree because you will need an arts major as well as psych. or you could trasnfer to b. commerce (liberal studies).

oh and to trasnfer into b. psychology, you will need a d average to be in with a chance. and then thruout the degree you will have to be averaging a d (or i think its a c) to graduate with a b. psychology. if failing a d average thruout the degree you will simply graduate with a b. science with psychology majors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)