Question about when we receive HSC Results... (1 Viewer)

burkefan

HSC
Hi, just a question for when we get HSC results.

If someone placed first on their internal assessments, but came second in their external mark, and the person ranked second in their internal assessments placed first in the external rank, I believe the person who comes first internally, gets the highest mark?

But does the person who came first internally have the highest mark reported on their HSC results (Wednesday), even though they came second in the externals? Or do they get the aligned mark they received in the externals (second)?

I ask this because I placed first in my subjects, and I'm not sure if the marks I get on Wednesday are going to be based on first place in the subject, or if they are based on me alone (whether I get 2nd, 3rd etc.)? Otherwise, I'm going to have to chase up every other kid in my class to find out who came first in the external to know what mark to put in to predict my ATAR.

Do I make sense?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
In those circumstances it depends entirely on the difference in marks and not the ranks alone. The HSC mark you recieve has internal and external factored in, and if you want to use an atar calculator that is all you will need.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You will receive three marks:

1. Your moderated assessment mark (which will be the highest exam mark earned by anyone in your cohort in those subjects in which you came first and in subjects in which you didn't come first it will be a mark that reflects the relative gaps between your internal mark and those above you).

2. Your aligned exam mark - you always keep your own external mark.

3. The average of these two marks which is your final HSC mark for the course and the one you put into any ATAR estimates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)