question Crime: "effectiveness of penalties to achieve justice for individuals? (1 Viewer)

BringSexyBack

HSC
N/A
How did u guys set out that question, the 12 marks crime question?

I'm kind of worried, becuase I didn't talk about the effectiveness, no equality, no acessibility.... I just talks about the different types of penalities....

Im going to lose a lot of mark yea?

charlesdinio

HSC
No, do not worry one bit lol.

I've had so many essays marked by HSC markers and not once have I referred to equality, enforceability etc.

However, I'm hoping you did assess effectivness?

For example..

fines are bla bla bla.. they are effective in that they provide the Government with a source of revenue, however ineffective in that they are not based upon an individuals capacity to pay.

If you did anything like that than you are fine!

Nic3004

HSC
true
but thats what the examiners look for... they like you writing shit according to the sylabus
you would have got more marks for including your headings as accessability, enforceablility etc...

but you still would have gotten some good marks if u mentioned most types of punishments.

knots&crosses

HSC
charlesdinio said:
For example..

fines are bla bla bla.. they are effective in that they provide the Government with a source of revenue, however ineffective in that they are not based upon an individuals capacity to pay.

If you did anything like that than you are fine!
I did it like this also, however I didnt talk about every penalty and grouped home and periodic detention together...

charlesdinio

HSC
knots&crosses said:
I did it like this also, however I didnt talk about every penalty and grouped home and periodic detention together...
Yeah a fair few people would have grouped the incarcerations together. Its all just as good!

The multiple choice let me down, I dont even wana think bout it anymore. December 17 is so far away

knots&crosses

HSC
charlesdinio said:
Yeah a fair few people would have grouped the incarcerations together. Its all just as good!

The multiple choice let me down, I dont even wana think bout it anymore. December 17 is so far away
Same here with the multiple choice, some things i hadnt even heard of...but the good thing is, everyone is in the same boat, so you wont be disadvantaged come december 17th. thats about two months away, but the exams are nearly done...

melissamullee03

HSC
Yeah i focused on bonds,fines, imprisonment, community service orders and periodic/weekend detenton and their in/effectiveness

but I didnt use any cases...they didn't seem to fit

i wont lose marks will I?

So glad i am FINISHED..well i finished on the 28th!!:wave:

iluvGG

HSC
yes! i had so much trouble trying to fit in cases and legislation as well. hopefully won't lose too many marks or none at all..but im not sure how they mark it..

yay congrats on finishing.

betonit169

My Username Sucks....
HSC
iluvGG said:
yes! i had so much trouble trying to fit in cases and legislation as well. hopefully won't lose too many marks or none at all..but im not sure how they mark it..

yay congrats on finishing.
+1

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
I carefully assessed the extent to which the array of penalties prevalent in the criminal justice system worked to promote effectiveness for individuals... ie. Fines originally enforced for summary offences which can be best exemplified by offences of graffiti, shoplifting etc... however there are limitations in the fact... there s inequality evident between the two classes of society, the lower class and upper class. If you did something.. similar or close... I think you'd do fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)