Question on Exam period. (1 Viewer)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I was just wandering, during the exam period: Would it be similiar to the HSC where we get a exam timetable?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I was just wandering, during the exam period: Would it be similiar to the HSC where we get a exam timetable?
To expand further on this point, you'll get it around week 11 of the semester (maybe earlier?). You get two versions: one without exam locations (draft) and the other with exam locations (final). Both of them can be accessed via myUNSW.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Are they as intensive as the trial HSC where everything was crammed into 2 weeks? Or is it more spread out?
Also, what's an average exam length? Many 3+ hour exams?

LordPc

HSC
Are they as intensive as the trial HSC where everything was crammed into 2 weeks? Or is it more spread out?
here is a link that you will probably need a couple dozen mores times this year, so make a note of it

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/resources/KeyDates.html

its about two weeks. sometimes you will get lucky and have a couple days between exams. sometimes you will have all of your exams in a few days. there is an exam thread somewhere in this forum too if you want to check that out. also note that you can have exams on weekends

average length depends on the course. generally 2 or 3 hours

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
They're worse. You get far less time to prepare, theres no nice long break between end of classes and exams. Hell theres no break at all anymore, exams can start the week after your final class if youre unlucky. And you could easily have them all on consecutive days, sometimes 2 in a day.

Exam times vary. Ive had anywhere from 1-3 hours.

Last edited:

simon2004

exams are generally more intensive.
but you are older and wiser at the same time, so it's not harder than the hsc.

think about working out a study routine in 1st year that works for you. you can get help from the learning centre at uni if you have questions in the lead up to exams (though that comes later)

firstly, just go to o-week. exams come later.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
First they release a preliminary timetable which is subject to change and then a few weeks before the exam period a final one is released.
Possible to have more than one exam a day or consecutive days of exams.

Table of Integrals provided in the maths ones.

way2hott4u

HSC
Is it possible to do exams earlier? I was hoping to go overseas at the end of May through to July but my exams are in June. Anyway to get around this?

dawdlex3

HSC
Is it possible to do exams earlier? I was hoping to go overseas at the end of May through to July but my exams are in June. Anyway to get around this?
Nope. All people doing the same course will be sitting the exam on the same day, possibly at different venues if there are many people taking the same course. It's not possible to reschedule an exam unless you have emergencies (very strict policy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)