Question on teacher's checking assignment... (1 Viewer)

BobMac

HSC
So I have a chem assignment to give in a couple of weeks. If I were to complete it early and give it into my teacher for her to have a look and give me advice on it, would that be 1. allowed and 2. fair to other students.
I asked my teacher and she told me that all she can do is tell me if I'm going in the right path.
What are your views?

jamesfirst

HSC
It's not allowed but

people from our school does it. So why not. I mean if your teacher is checked if your going on the right path, then wouldn't that benefit you

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Allowed?
Different schools and different teachers will have different standards. It all depends on your teacher. I know from my experiences, for something like English, where you didn't know the question beforehand, you would be able to hand in essays written about the same module, and the teacher would mark it. However, for something like Legal Studies where you did know the question beforehand, you would not be allowed to hand something in that already answered the question.

Fair?
If the teacher lets you - who cares? Others would probably be doing it as well.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can try, our school teachers refused to help you, but some schools let you. If they do, screw fairness and do it.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Even if your teachers don't help you, there's no reason why you can't approach your tutors, teachers outside of school, other possible external resources etc. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
I would strongly advise you to get your teacher to check it, even if it may be unfair to others. Students should have the right to have assignments checked to see if they are actually addressing the criteria properly. If others don't get it checked and if they fail, then it's their own problem. You are responsible for your own learning, so make the most out of it.

Heck I love the fact that both classes have compulsory checks of drafts for legal studies. It really helps to boost our marks, which is the good thing.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
When i did the HSC i was told that it was not allowed as any corrections that the teacher might make would not be considered all the students own work. I don't know about now, but a few years ago they pushed the 'all your own work' line pretty heavily. Most of the teachers thought it was bullshit mind.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, we can only really do it in English (typically because it's an in class essay so we do a practice one in that area, though for an English assignment we were allowed a once feedback per each piece). Modern History, if it's in class essay, some people do practices to get feedback.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Depends on the teacher

Most of the time the teacher will just say yep your doing fine, or just fix this bit but a bit

tranx

HSC
ROFL at my school if you show it to your teacher early then they will tell you whether you are going on the right path or not (no one does it though, WWWAAAAYYYYYY too lazy, everyone is on msn at like 2.30am the day of the assessment task trying to quickly finish it off =P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)