Question on units of study (1 Viewer)

peterpandied

HSC
I have finished enrolling at sydney uni for medical science this monday and I was wondering if I could change my units of study.

For physics i chose the PHYS1002 - Physics 1 (Fundamentals) because I didn't want to choose too hard subjects but after reading the handbook I relized that I should be more then okay to take PHYS1001 Physics 1 (Regular). What are some ways that I could change it?

Also on the enrollment guide thingy for medical science it said that I must choose MBLG1001, which I did. But when I go to MyUni on the MyStudy tab it says MBLG1001 - Unknown subject, whys that?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
1. You can change your units of study online from about mid-Feb to the second week of semester.
2. I think that's the list of course readings in the library, so if the person in charge of the course hasn't put them up yet it'll just say 'unknown'. Nothing to worry about.

peterpandied

HSC
Oh ok, and one more question. If one student studied an advanced course and if another studied the regular course, in terms of the big picture what are the differences of the two students? Is the student who is doing the regular course at a disadvantage in any way?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
peterpandied said:
Oh ok, and one more question. If one student studied an advanced course and if another studied the regular course, in terms of the big picture what are the differences of the two students? Is the student who is doing the regular course at a disadvantage in any way?
No, they won't be disadvantaged. The regular-level subject covers all the content required, and the advanced course simply covers that content at a more rigorous and comprehensive standard (perhaps with some expansionary content since advanced units for designed for students with a particular aptitude and interest for that subject). You'll be fine doing the regular level Physics. :)

I_F

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The advanced course has more high distinctions and distinctions, too.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
The advanced course has more high distinctions and distinctions, too.
i second that

for math1905 adv stat, i know i did absolutely crab... and i still managed a 90 i think...

unreal...

and back to OP you can change your subject 2nd week into semester and you can drop any UOS before 31st of March with no draw back

fairwee

HSC
yeah iam doign med sci too, it days unknown for the molecular bio.. so dw~ lol

Dr_Doom

HSC
peterpandied said:
I have finished enrolling at sydney uni for medical science this monday and I was wondering if I could change my units of study.

For physics i chose the PHYS1002 - Physics 1 (Fundamentals) because I didn't want to choose too hard subjects but after reading the handbook I relized that I should be more then okay to take PHYS1001 Physics 1 (Regular). What are some ways that I could change it?

Also on the enrollment guide thingy for medical science it said that I must choose MBLG1001, which I did. But when I go to MyUni on the MyStudy tab it says MBLG1001 - Unknown subject, whys that?
Hey could you list all the subjects you need to do for medical science, because I want to do them and try and transfer from science at the end of this year. Thx xD

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Hey could you list all the subjects you need to do for medical science, because I want to do them and try and transfer from science at the end of this year. Thx xD
have you ever heard of this thing that they call a handbook? i cant believe how lazy people are these days

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
stazi said:
have you ever heard of this thing that they call a handbook? i cant believe how lazy people are these days
LOL!
thats what holidays do to ya

peterpandied

HSC
For the first year,

Chemistry - 12 CP
Mathematics - 12CP
Physics or Computational Science - 12 CP
Biology - 6 CP

and for the second semester you gotta do MBLG1001 which is Molecular Biology and Genetics (Intro)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Do you think it's possible to do 12CP of bio and only 6 of Physics? Coz that's what I got at the moment. The rest is exactly what I got.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
Do you think it's possible to do 12CP of bio and only 6 of Physics? Coz that's what I got at the moment. The rest is exactly what I got.
Not possible. You have to do 12cp of physics.

EDIT: You could try out for late and final round offers into medsci... two years ago one of my friends got 85-87 and got a late or final round offer into medsci...

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Apparently, if you take the higher levels of Physics you get "scaled up" more. When I went to the Physics lecture on information day, the whole room was filled with groans when the lecturer mentioned that there is scaling in university assessments just like the HSC/UAI.
Looks like we have to put up with this "scaling" through uni as well....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)