Questions regarding ACCG200+250 final exams (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Exams are coming and I have some questions regarding the ACCG200 and 250 final exams.

_ In ACCG200, which parts would constitute most marks? Would they be Job costing ( the T-account one, the LIC said it will be 14 marks and the average was only 3.4???). Anything else? And theory questions??? Does anyone have an idea about how it will be? Were the MCQs last sem harder than the long answers?
_ In ACCG250, I think it's quite weird that there will be no MCQs. Could anyone give me an advice about how to go through it and which parts should we pay attention to? Will they be case studies?

Thanks a milion :D.

Last edited:

tajid73

HSC
I did accg251 a year ago. .75% of the questions were case study.
i remember accg200 has question about abc and also about the T account thingy.. the theory was harder cos i didnt study theory that time..

blackrider89

HSC
I did accg251 a year ago. .75% of the questions were case study.
i remember accg200 has question about abc and also about the T account thingy.. the theory was harder cos i didnt study theory that time..
Were the step-down method and CVP in the final, m8? I feel the step-down part a bit challenging to remember.

Last edited:

Monstar

HSC
With 200 , my advice would be to familiarise yourself with the T account shit..I remember in my final it was like 20 marks. From memory the hardest thing was break even analysis.. because they made it really different.

But yeah iirc stepdown , service costing shit was all in it.

Theory was some bs i made up.

aaccg250 is long .. be prepared to write for the whole 3 hrs. I remember the 10 mark flow chart question (a real doozy)... I recommend you revise everything to as much depth as possible. The ethics part are real gift marks if you can make bs and argue your pov.

tajid73

HSC
i cant really remember any of the topics. .but most of the calculation for accg200 final exams were from the 2nd half of the smstr.. n they made it a bit different from tut and lecture examples.. whos the LIC now?? as long as its not Vicki.. good on ya.

yeh flow chart will b in ur exam as well 4 sure... n my 251 exam was reaalllllly longg.. n b ready to bs..
but dun b too stressed off with those 2 exams.. overall they were pretty easy

Monstar

HSC
Lol taj, i did it when vicki was LIC. God man.. I went in thinking i was gonna get a credit cause i knew how to do everything.. but she chucks in some doozies man.

Even with 201 man.. i was like shiiitt this is kinda hard for a 'soft unit'

tajid73

HSC
I know aye. I did wen vicki was LIC as well.. I underestimated ACCG200 too much that i didnt even study tut questions. just did lect notes as i already calculated that if i only get like 65% final exam, i would still get D. My assessment + mid exams were almost full mark that time..
n wat the hell ?? the final exam was harder than i expected.. i did get like 66% in the final but they scaled my mark down to cr 70ish.. cos they expected us to be consistent throughout the semester.. (i know about this cos i appealed twice that time and also viewed my exam script)..

and thats why i am doing accg201 now, didnnt wanna do it last smstr wen vicki was LIC. ( ps.. I heard many ppl failed last smstr)

blackrider89

HSC
Oh how lucky I am. My LIC is Bill (Blair) and he's great. In the final lecture he almost told us some parts that would be in the final exam.

Last edited:

blackrider89

HSC
And could I ask 1 more question? How much the theory part would constitute? 10-15% is it not? And the MCQs would harder or easier than the long ones? Would they be similar to the sample ones on the Blackboard?

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
ok so i did these subjects in 2005 or 06, cant even remember when
but whenever i did, 200 was made up of tute q's and for 250 we were given a mock exam, if you've been given one do it over and over and tute/end of chp q's

tajid73

HSC
And could I ask 1 more question? How much the theory part would constitute? 10-15% is it not? And the MCQs would harder or easier than the long ones? Would they be similar to the sample ones on the Blackboard?
ok i did accg200 wen vicki was LIC, so I dunno how different the questions will b. if i ma not mistaken the theory question was 20% and it was from tut theory questions and some extra stuffs.
the MCQ was pretty easy and was a lot easier than the long ones.
we didnt hav any sample exams on bb that time. But wk 13 lect notes had some questions and if i hav to say it was pretty useless as the questions on the notes were a lot easier than the real ones.

but i heard last smstr exam was really easy compare to wen i did (my friend failed wen vicki was LIC and he did it again last smstr when alex was)

but u r so lucky getting Bill.. he's so funnyyy

blackrider89

HSC
ok i did accg200 wen vicki was LIC, so I dunno how different the questions will b. if i ma not mistaken the theory question was 20% and it was from tut theory questions and some extra stuffs.
the MCQ was pretty easy and was a lot easier than the long ones.
we didnt hav any sample exams on bb that time. But wk 13 lect notes had some questions and if i hav to say it was pretty useless as the questions on the notes were a lot easier than the real ones.

but i heard last smstr exam was really easy compare to wen i did (my friend failed wen vicki was LIC and he did it again last smstr when alex was)

but u r so lucky getting Bill.. he's so funnyyy
I think both were quite decent and I think I will have a high Cr or a D for ACCG200. Hope I will have more than a Pass at ACCG250. Maybe a Cr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)