Questions regarding ACCG253 and BUSL301 Final exams (1 Viewer)

blackrider89

HSC
Hi everyone.

The exams are coming and cud u guys kindly tell us what we should expect 4 the 2 exams? Such as the exams' structures, which part will count for more marks and what to focus.

I have heard somewhere that 4 BUSL301 ones, we would have 40 MCQs and 2 long answer questions. Is that rite? If it's the case what were they in the past, i.e. what kind of questions and what they required us?

And 4 ACCG253, why everyone told me that it was so hard? Coz I found the tutorials quite ok (especially the calculation parts). And was that any calculation in the Derivatives (i.e. future contracts) coz we just have theory questions in tuts.

Appreciate much any help :angel:.

panda-in-yale

HSC
253 is hard , as what I heard , the theory question foucus on the whole semester ( 1-13) , for calculation ( payout-1 , capital structure-1 or 2, future contract and option-1, security valuation -1 , and plus one really tough question about NPV which will drop you from HD to CR....

and with several short answers, and 45 MQC....

as this semester is different, no MQC in the mid means you gotta not find it in final as well. and the indian lecture said it is will mot be very hard in final ( who know that !?)

I read the capital structure for 3 days in lab from 8 am to 8pm....I am out...

and for the BUSL301 , the coversheet are available in Blackboard, you can get the details there.

I got some notes and summary about it , but that is in paper, if you want it , just message me make a time and copy it.

blackrider89

HSC
253 is hard , as what I heard , the theory question foucus on the whole semester ( 1-13) , for calculation ( payout-1 , capital structure-1 or 2, future contract and option-1, security valuation -1 , and plus one really tough question about NPV which will drop you from HD to CR....

and with several short answers, and 45 MQC....

as this semester is different, no MQC in the mid means you gotta not find it in final as well. and the indian lecture said it is will mot be very hard in final ( who know that !?)

I read the capital structure for 3 days in lab from 8 am to 8pm....I am out...

and for the BUSL301 , the coversheet are available in Blackboard, you can get the details there.

I got some notes and summary about it , but that is in paper, if you want it , just message me make a time and copy it.
Oh I really appreciate ur gesture m8.

Btw can anyone throw any light on the type of question(s) to expect on Capital structure (1+2) and Option?. I have the feeling that there will be 2 questions on those topics (WACC+related stuff and Option). Unfortunately we didn't have any questions of those topics 4 the tutorials.

panda-in-yale

HSC
Oh I really appreciate ur gesture m8.

Btw can anyone throw any light on the type of question(s) to expect on Capital structure (1+2) and Option?. I have the feeling that there will be 2 questions on those topics (WACC+related stuff and Option). Unfortunately we didn't have any questions of those topics 4 the tutorials.
it is not in the tutorial qiuestion ,but it is in the pal, do you attend pal session。。。call to my mind , I thought it is useful than the tutorial...

capital sturcture, you must know MM ( 3P) and how does it make tax saving. WACC can be related to the risk and return,the Ke will not be given, you must use the data question given to calculate it, please read Ch 14 , one example is 14.5 ( maybe) , given the commerical bill, bond, shares to do the total WACC...

option, distinguish the future and forward contract, for option , know the factor for pricing call and put option is important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)