R U A Dreamweaver Xpert?? (1 Viewer)

maryanne16

on the other side of your computer screen
HSC
help!!!...gosh...i need to use dreamweaver for a major project for ipt...i decided to make websites for our formal this year...i just have one problem..when i try to upload a page onto a server...the text but not my background and images show...it has that "x" marked at the top....help please

maryanne16

on the other side of your computer screen
HSC
thank you for that site u handed in..and as for Lwaxana...we were allocated to using such softwares we've never used so that we can learn...other things like adobe, frontpage, geocities are far too easy...and its not like i dont know how to use it im just experiencing some problems...u can't tell me that u learnt how to use word in one day and know everything..but thnx

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Sorry ... my annoyance was misinterpreted

while process and product are both important
I prefer my students to put their time into design - which is examinable
rather than make them all learn dreamweaver - which isnt

:)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
hi
you need to make sure you upload all the images and backgrounds as well when you upload the webpages themselves...

if they are on root (like the bottom level) or in a different folder to where the text is , then you need to put ../ before you put the relative url in...

hope that helps!

....and besides, dreamweaver is really good for using coldfusion, which you can't use in frontpage!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Try using your own FTP program to upload- that way you can keep track of which images and so on you've uploaded. Don't link to images on other peoples' websites or it might not always work as intended.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DigitalFortress said:
yeah, what are they going to use? Word?
okay
Thats not even the fault of the program but the generic non-understanding of how the internet works :|

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
AsyLum said:
Thats not even the fault of the program but the generic non-understanding of how the internet works :|
Word can make webpages... just really crappy looking ones.

HSC
use frontpage is easier to use, rather than Dreamweaver... OR ..

use the templates you find i think on dreamweaver too . or the net and customise it to your liking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)