Raw Assessment Mark Calculator (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
This is a calculator I made a couple of months ago that calculates your cumulative raw assessment mark.

Weighting: If the weighting is 15%, simply input 15.
Mark: If the mark is 23/27, input '23/27'.

The weighted mark will be determined and so will your cumulative raw assessment mark.

Includes tables for up to 8 subjects, including a sample.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8t8o9h1b1nmzyi/Raw Assessment Mark Calculator.xlsx

Hazballs

HSC
Thanks! I tried make one for myself, but this one actually looks much better haha

iBibah

HSC
Update: Added 2 more task rows. Now each subject can input up to 6 tasks.

iBibah

HSC
bump, with half yearlies back, it could really put things in perspective for you :)

iBibah

HSC
does this become my estimated overall internal mark?
No this is your final raw mark for a subject.

Internal marks are calculated based on ranks and the cohorts performance externally.

braintic

HSC
N/A
But how would you know whether a particular school/faculty moderates marks before adding?
As long as the statistical integrity of individual assessments are maintained, they can scale the marks any which way before adding them.
The only information that a school has to provide is the weighting of each assessment - but that doesn't tell you whether they are adding raw marks, or adding marks that have been scaled to the same mean and standard deviation, or whatever.
Its really only guesswork.

iBibah

HSC
But how would you know whether a particular school/faculty moderates marks before adding?
As long as the statistical integrity of individual assessments are maintained, they can scale the marks any which way before adding them.
The only information that a school has to provide is the weighting of each assessment - but that doesn't tell you whether they are adding raw marks, or adding marks that have been scaled to the same mean and standard deviation, or whatever.
Its really only guesswork.
It's just to help show people where they're at in terms of the raw internal mark (which some students struggle to calculate). No need to over think it too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)