Raw internal scores for band 6 (1 Viewer)

stereoheart

HSC
Does anyone know the raw internal scores required or cut offs for a band 6 in the following subjects?

2U MATHS

CHEM

BIO

2U SOR

PDHPE

ADV ENGLISH

I mean the assesment marks/ranks.

Last edited:

stereoheart

HSC
What I dont understand is how can someone get an 85 for e.g. internal mark for chem and then in the external hsc exam get say a 91 then get a band 6?

Because isnt it the average of the 2? wouldnt that be 88?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What I dont understand is how can someone get an 85 for e.g. internal mark for chem and then in the external hsc exam get say a 91 then get a band 6?

Because isnt it the average of the 2? wouldnt that be 88?
I just realised you asked for raw internal scores which you simply cannot predict. All schools set different exams and so your raw internal score is heavily moderated to make it "fair".

What I told you were the raw external scores which is the exam everyone sits. Ideally, your school's raw scores and external raw scores would be about the same.

bauxite

HSC
Does anyone know the raw internal scores required or cut offs for a band 6 in the following subjects?

2U MATHS

CHEM

BIO

2U SOR

PDHPE

ADV ENGLISH

you can't say, since they get aligned.

D94

HSC
N/A
It can easily range from <50 to 100%, rank 1 to last rank. Internal marks are moderated according to HSC exam performance. You need one to determine the other and vice versa.

enoilgam

HSC
It can easily range from <50 to 100%, rank 1 to last rank. Internal marks are moderated according to HSC exam performance. You need one to determine the other and vice versa.
This. One person who gets 98/100 as their final moderated mark may have a raw internal percentage of 85, whereas someone who got a final moderated mark of 90/100 may have a raw internal percentage of 92.

OP I think you might be confused between aligning of exam marks.

2xL

HSC
All internal exams have different levels of difficulty. A 80% internal raw mark might get a b6 at Ruse but a 85% @ a rank 300 school wont garner a band 6. Impossible to tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)