Raw marks and scaling (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

That's right, I saw many leave after just over an hour.

But yeah it is also one of the larger courses, but if you look on the scaling graph it is nowhere near as high as say 3U, which I didn't think had astounding scaling.

phungus

HSC
Acid said:
Scaling is a lot better than you think. I was told low 80s/high 70s nets you immediate band 6... which is above 90 scaled...
hm i hope so =/

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
ok well if u get a raw mark of 75% it is the equivalent of a 90% in business studies... so im guessing u wont need much over 80 to get a band 6... and economics gets scaled pretty dam well considering how easy it is... (im not saying its the easiest subject, but its scaled higher than physics and i think physics is much harder than economics).

S

Shuter

matt_f64 said:
ok well if u get a raw mark of 75% it is the equivalent of a 90% in business studies... so im guessing u wont need much over 80 to get a band 6... and economics gets scaled pretty dam well considering how easy it is... (im not saying its the easiest subject, but its scaled higher than physics and i think physics is much harder than economics).

Wow that's tidy. Yeah everything get scaled way higher than the raw you think. Business Studies is considered a fairly looser subject so eco's should be scaled alot more.

Acid

HSC
matt_f64 said:
Where'd u get that info? I doubt 75 in business is band 6...

Mannix

HSC
Yeah, are we all speculating?

I just dont get why all this crap is a big secret, maybe if we could compare the aligning from last year, we would get an idea.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i didnt say 75 in business was band 6... i said 75 in ECO is the equivalent of 90 in business.. which just shows u a comparison of wat each subject is worth in terms of scaling. its not exactly that but its around about those figures each year...

id say if u get 80% this year it will get scaled to about 87 for ur UAI, also ur aligned exam mark which appears on ur HSC will be into the 90s maybe 93

S

Shuter

Acid said:
Where'd u get that info? I doubt 75 in business is band 6...
I wouldn't so much, it's possible. My brother who did Busniess Studies way back in 1997 with the TER. He got 86 exam mark on the sheet and that put him in the top 10 percentile. So I believe that's an already scaled mark of 86 putting him in an equivalent band 6 range now.

With UAI and the way it's done now it could quite possibly be around 76% raw in BS I think.

Acid

HSC
Fark HSC is so much stress.. I just want to know that I got into my course and that's it... Americans have it so easy.. their end of high school exams are like "what's the area of this square".. and there are virtually no barriers to entry into uni aside from $$..

S

Shuter

Acid said:
Fark HSC is so much stress.. I just want to know that I got into my course and that's it... Americans have it so easy.. their end of high school exams are like "what's the area of this square".. and there are virtually no barriers to entry into uni aside from $$..
Yes, and aren't SAT's that they always talk about so much Aptitude tests i.e. they're intelligence tests and don't require you to have actually learned much, just how smart you are.

Still, costs a fortune over there I wouldn't want to pay that much.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Acid said:
In the USA they have no HECS system; to get into uni you have to pay full fees. I would prefer our system to theirs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)