RCG and RSA (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone.
I'm just wondering if someone can give me an insight into RCG and RSA and how and where I can get these qualifications. Did anybody do these courses and how were they?

Note: It is a possibility that I will be working in a club/pub or even a hotel, anytime soon so is it really worth it or is it just as a "back-up" certificate which can improve my job prospects.

Thanks.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
you can go through barmaxxx or just ring up your local tafe and ask them when they are running their next day for rsa and rcg

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you want to serve alcohol or have anything to do with gambling machines in a hotel/club, you MUST by law have an RSA and an RCG and your employer must be provided with copies of these certificates. You can't legally serve alcohol or gambling machines without these certificates - they're not 'back-ups' at all.

Neither are particularly difficult - the RSA course which I attended went for about 6 hours, and you go through the laws, effects of alcohol, what responsibilities and rights you have as a provider of alcohol, etc. Nothing revolutionary, but you have to get them to work with alcohol.

I_F

Bob.

HSC
tafes dont do them atm they are closed. just ring up barmaxx, its cheaper there anyway.

krush3r

HSC
and if you want do the barskills and cocktail course, its really fun!!! especially the cocktail one

HSC
many companies do the two together for cheaper than if u do them at different times. Just look up in the paper, they are ALWAYS running them. You say u may be working in a bar soon, so they will have to put you through the course anyway or tell you where to go if you are not already trained and they have employed you. Thats not to say that they wl pay for it though!

Apocalypsse

HSC
I got my RSA when I done my security course, there would be a lot of providers that offer this course, only goes for a couple of hours and is impossible to fail.

falcon07

HSC
Our school organised for us all to do the RSA course on the 2nd last day of the year. It was long (all day) and boring, but very easy. To quote our instructor, all the content is basicly general knowledge and there is no way you can fail it if you pay attention.

KrissiA

HSC
Does anybody know of a website(s) where I can obtain these certificates online?

Thanks.

yeow333

HSC
Haha you cant. Are you kidding me? Qualifying online? -- I wish.

This is NSW buddy, you gotta trek to an inconveniant location and sit through things you already know to qualify!

I know this post is much more recent then those above it, but I'd advise everyone to check out the website of the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and check out their table on which course providers are LAB Certified (LAB= Liquor Admin. Board) .

No one wants to get a cert. that a pub/hotel won't take.

Any Q's feel free to PM me.

Evilo

HSC
I went to THINQ training (in syd city - oppo RTA) - its a small place, usually 25-30ppl to a room. Its got no "luxuries" (simple room with high school plastic chairs etc), but i ended up paying hardly anything for it (it was $5-25 cheaper than all the other places i called up). I mean at the end of the day i'd rather save that money then have a freshly painted wall lol. I think if you pay online or over the phone, its cheaper. And before anyone asks - yes it is one of the approved ones. The lecturer was good too, he owned numerous bars in the UK and had moved here to open a few more (mind you i did it about 14 months ago)

They do RCG too (on another day), and a bar skills course as well

yes the day is tedious, but its gotta be done

yes both a compulsery to work in a hotel/rsl etc. (you may only need rsa if the place doesnt have pokies)

yeow333

HSC
haha thats awesome, im going to ThinQ tomorrow for my RCG !

Yeh if anyone reads this --dont do the TAFE ones , seriously.

The next RCG is 110 near me and in the city its 70 and on weekly. pretty easy choice.

do u plan on doing your RCG at ThinQ as well?

Evilo

HSC
i think it cost me $65? cos i paid online in advance?

umm nah i didnt do RCG - i work at liquorland so its not needed.

yeah when you return, just write a bit about thinq training centre, maybe its turned to shit since i was there? maybe its like all new and "ikea" style? lol.

yeow333

HSC
did it yesterday, was awesome!

fucking borign RCG course but ThinQ gives u the cert's there n then so u can get out n get a job quicker unlike tafe

lol still pretty bland rooms but its all i needed.

deff the best place around

Evilo

HSC
oh yeah its boring as hell. but at least its all done. You don't do RSA to learn anything lol, you do it to get the certificate. Still, they couldnt really make it any easier/more interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)