re-entry / landing (1 Viewer)

xeriphic

i recently finished the half yearly and there was this question which i was surprised that i had missed, it was the need to access the factors of re-entry and landing, i had no problems with re-entry though the factors of landing were the ones i seem to miss

can anyone tell me some factors associated with landing, greatly appreciated thanks

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ionisation Blackouts- Due to the ionisation of air around the space vechile radio transmission is impossible for a period of time. On the space shuttle this is longer then on the command modules due to the longer landing time.

Heat- Due to friction in the atmosphere a large amount of heat is generated, to counter this either an ablative skin (which melts off) or insulated tiles may be used.

Stopping- To bring the space vechile to rest a method of decelleration must come under affect, this can be achieved by using parachutes, such as in the Soyuz modules, or by landing like a space shuttle (which follows a curved path to counter this)

G-Forces- G-forces must be kept to a minimum to ensure that there is no adverse effects on the space travellers.

Weather- Weather must be taken into account as space vechiles may be struck by lightning or have reduced visibility.

xeriphic

i put ionisation blackouts, heat and g-forces in terms of re-entry rather then landing, which one should it be

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I don't recall there being any factors of landing in the syllabus...
There is however the different ways of a satellite landing on Earth...
But I'm pretty sure that was taken out of the syllabus...
So um, I guess you were correct in stating what you did for that question :)

^___^
HSC
landing? :confused:
as Dash said, its taken out of the syllabus, even 03 didn't have to talk about landing, just re-entry

if indeed it comes up somewhere, just make up bullshit like landing in ocean where it can be easily reach by ships or else u'll be eaten up by sharks, or having a shuttle so it can land in a port..

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
It is in the syllabus. Issues with landing are mostly related to impact pressures and how they can be avoided

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
afrad not... i don't think landing is in the syllabus... re-entry is...

untamedanimal

The heinmann book has a section on the actual landing onto the ground (not re-entering), but we completely skipped it so i guess its out

I also dont recall seeing anything about landing in the excel book (2004 updated version)

xeriphic

lol are you guys serious, that question was an assess question which had 6 marks built on it, i have to talk to the teachers about it then, thanks for the notice

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by xeriphic
lol are you guys serious, that question was an assess question which had 6 marks built on it, i have to talk to the teachers about it then, thanks for the notice
if its not the hsc exam, ur teacher can ask u stuff outside the syllabus i think..

thats i think :p

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by ...
if its not the hsc exam, ur teacher can ask u stuff outside the syllabus i think..

thats i think :p
possible but if i was a student sitting a school exam where it has no part in helping me during my final hsc exam i would be complaining my arse off

xeriphic

isn't the whole year 12 based on the syllabus, it is so unfair if they actually claim that they are allowed to put things that are not in the syllabus even for a school assessment

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Discuss issues associated with safe re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere and landing on the Earth's surface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)