Real estate agent...how to get there.. (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
iv been thinking of doin real estate.. and i know tafe is probably the best option,, but is there aany uni courses for it?

wat do employers look for most.. practical knowledge from tafe or wat education... (i'm probably asking a stupid question but i havent looked into it much only started now..)

please some one explain some stuff to me.. thanks

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Hi :)
Basically, the university courses that are available (i know that UWS offers a Property Economics course) are aimed more at those who intend to become property valuers. TAFE or a private college would be more suitable if you intend to do sales or property management.

Employers are generally more interested in how you can apply the skills that you have learnt rather than where you have learnt them. To begin in real estate, you need to gain your certificate of registration which can be done at a range of institutions, and can take as little as 5 days. Here's some links to different institutions so you can look at the courses yourself:
www.tafensw.edu.au
www.reinsw.edu.au
www.mcgrath.com.au
www.macleay.edu.au
www.uws.edu.au
www.eac.com.au

Also, some chain agencies such as LJ Hooker offer their own training programs that are specific to their own agency practices. You could look at more info on this at www.ljhooker.com.au.

Anyway, whether you intend to do sales or property management, the above institutions cater for both so you should be able to find out heaps of info on the websites. If you want to know anything else, let me know :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)