• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Realated texts (1 Viewer)

Benno

HSC
Hi does any one know if its true that in the exam you shouldnt have just movies as ur realated texts eg Raw then realated texts Green Mile and Amercian History X

and does any1 have any non-movie good realted marterial for
Raw-
The Club-
Radiance-

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh you shouldnt just have 2 movies. my teacher said its better if you have a variety of texts, like movie, newspaper article, documentary etc
i still need to find rm for raw ive only got one so far that is good to use

Benno

HSC
dam trail 2morrow and im usin 2 movies for raw oh well shit happens ill change it 4 HSC

Tellie

merp

i really need some related texts aswell i know a movie.......girl interrupted oh and also one flew over a cookos nest.... but there both movies.... so yeh.... does anyone have anything?

Last edited:

*shazwick*

Hey I really desperately need some related material!!! We have an assessment next Friday and I need some material I can relate to Raw!! Anything other than "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" or "Girl Interrupted" would be really cool!!! So if you ahve anything please let me know!!!

chris42

HSC
do you need these related texts in relation to the topic image?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
i used the poem, "weapons training" by bruce Dawe for the club and the film Pretty woman
n i used, "one flew over the Cuckoo's nest" for Module C:Institution and Personal Experience.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *shazwick*
Hey I really desperately need some related material!!! We have an assessment next Friday and I need some material I can relate to Raw!! Anything other than "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" or "Girl Interrupted" would be really cool!!! So if you ahve anything please let me know!!!

For institution and personal experience i used a story, "young man in Vietnam" by Charles Coe...however it was for "Dear America"...Dear America is no longer in the syllabus...

*shazwick*

Thanx for your replies.... I think that I will jsut stick with "Girl Interrupted" for this assessment... I know it pretty well and if i find something better I can always change it for the HSC. I'll have a look at "Young Man In Vietnam" and see if I can use that... If not I think I'll be right with what they have provided us with in class. Thanx again.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
I would say that for your trials n the HSC try n get separate texts..cuz the markes are looking for something different..well thats what I did...makes your work standout than rest of the people in your class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)