really lost... (1 Viewer)

al_87

HSC
"Based on the five articles that you have collected and using your knowledge of consumer law, Consider the factors needed to assess the effectivness of Consumer law and evaluate whether the current legal controls effectively protect the consumers."

any ideas? i am completly lost! i am in the process of finding artcles, but what the hell do i do with them after i have them??
please, im desperate!!!!!!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
legal controls meaning NGOS and GOS
evaluate effectiveness of them responding to and protecting consumers

u can use a criteria if u want
for individuals and society

individuals:
resource efficency
accessibility
protection of the individual
equality
enforcablity

society:
Resources
Opportunities for enforcement, appeal and review
Balance of individual/community rights and values
Reflection of community standards and expectations
Reform (law)

al_87

HSC
i still don't get it...i think its the wording thats throwing me, but what the hell is "consider the factors needed to assess the effectiveness"? is that just a fancy way of saying assess the effectivness?? and with the articles, do i just say what the issue is, then lead into a discussion of how effective/ineffective the law is thru the article?? i hate this subject......................!!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Yes that's what you do so you say what you think are the factors that achieve effectiveness in consumer law and give you definition of effectiveness by combining the factors together and then briefly say what your articles are about and how they relate to consumers. Do not re-tell the entire article cause that's not assessing.

Consider the factors needed to assess the effectiveness of Consumer law and evaluate whether the current legal controls effectively protect the consumers

So the factors are what goan_crazy (joe) said okay. And then use these factors and apply them to the situation. So for example if one of your articles is concentrating on specific standards then asses the effectiveness of these standards in achieving:
-->Protection of the individual
-->equality
-->Fairness
And also legal controls are the legislation and “rules” and standards specified by the Trade Practices Act, Sales of Goods Act and Fair Trading Act. If these controls are violating consumers rights and not protecting consumers what and where can they go.

Overall, the role of law in protecting and recognizing the rights of consumers, providing an avenue for redress, preventing and solving conflict, making fair and reasonable judgments, guiding consumers and educating consumers of today has been relatively successful. The law attempts to provide a variety of options to consumers for resolving conflict. These options cater for the various problems arising in the consumer sphere, as not all conflicts are legible for the courts. Therefore, the law provides ADR’s, the CTTT (consumer Trade Tenancy Tribunal) and the Small Claims Tribunal in assisting consumers with their conflict. ADR’s (Alternative Dispute Resolution) encourage co-operation and provide consumers with a comfortable less formal avenue for resolving conflict. However, there are discrepancies in the system and faults in providing resolutions for consumers. Consumers may not always find the CTTT and ADR’s the best means of resolving conflict. Here, the role of law is not fulfilled, as consumers do not feel their conflict will be resolved.

I’m not sure if that helped, but basically use what goan_crazy said and then implement that into the cases. The legal controls are there to protect the consumers and these controls are legislation and also u can say that previous cases have set precedents which the courts have to follow and these are also a control in a way because they control the outcome of the case to some extent. Legislation is there to create consistency in consumer law and equality in the consumer sphere. Without the controls consumers come across situations faced when the state took a “lassies-faire” approach. Here, no one was guaranteed justice and outcomes were not always fair.

That’s all I can really come up with I hope that helped in some way. :)

al_87

HSC
thanku both!!! at least i may pass now lmao :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)