Really quick question (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I had a test in which there was this question that had a octagon and a line extended from one of the sides (external angle). The question asked to find this external angle.

But there was no indication that the octagon was regular; it was not mentioned and no lines indicating equal sides were on the diagram.

Is this possible, can you find this particular exterior angle without it being regular???

:):note: in the test I assumed it was regular and just figured it out from there:: Was i right to do so?)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
yeah. just assume it's regular. because there's no other way to do it [if there was no other information at all] as the diagrams are never to scale unless you were told that.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
yeah. just assume it's regular. because there's no other way to do it [if there was no other information at all] as the diagrams are never to scale unless you were told that.
yeh, thats what i thought. But i felt like i was committing a mathematical crime in the 3rd degree when i was writing the proof =)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
yeh, thats what i thought. But i felt like i was committing a mathematical crime in the 3rd degree when i was writing the proof =)
haha yes i totally understand =]].

and if you got it wrong you'd have a really strong argument for getting the marks anyway.

lolokay

HSC
well yeah. if it's impossible to solve the question otherwise, just assume it's regular

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)