Recent ECMT1020 UOS Outline? (1 Viewer)

oompaman

HSC
N/A
Can't decide between ECMT1020, QBUS2810 and perhaps introductory macro.

I've looked at the outline for QBUS2810 which looks okay, but can't seem to find a recent copy of the ECMT1020 outline.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone could share it with me.

Cheers

HSC
If you hop onto the Business School Blackboard, there's actually a section under My Organisations called Unit of Study Outlines, and you'll be able to access all the Business School UoS Outlines there.

Otherwise, you can email the business school and they'll send you one.

oompaman

HSC
N/A
I've had a look at that but I can't seem to find ecmt1020.
Probably because it is under economics which is no longer in the business school.

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
^ The course material and structure has changed quite abit since that outline. They don't teach matrices, constrained optimisation or partial differentiation in this course anymore (that is saved for ECOS2903 and ECON1003 I think), and they go into a bit more detail into multiple regression. Also, last semester we didn't have any quizzes, just a mid-sem and a final.

The best thing to do would be to email your lecturer, or just wait a week for the UoS outline to go on BB.

oompaman

HSC
N/A
^ The course material and structure has changed quite abit since that outline. They don't teach matrices, constrained optimisation or partial differentiation in this course anymore (that is saved for ECOS2903 and ECON1003 I think), and they go into a bit more detail into multiple regression. Also, last semester we didn't have any quizzes, just a mid-sem and a final.

The best thing to do would be to email your lecturer, or just wait a week for the UoS outline to go on BB.
If i enjoyed buss1040 and buss1020 (the introductory stats and econ courses), would you recommened ecmt1020 or qbus2810?

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
If i enjoyed buss1040 and buss1020 (the introductory stats and econ courses), would you recommened ecmt1020 or qbus2810?
I haven't done QBUS2810 and don't know much about it, but if you enjoyed BUSS1020 and you're semi-competent at maths then I would definitely recommend ECMT1020. If you either keep up with the lectures or the readings and do the tutorial questions every week it can be a very nice WAM booster.

oompaman

HSC
N/A
I haven't done QBUS2810 and don't know much about it, but if you enjoyed BUSS1020 and you're semi-competent at maths then I would definitely recommend ECMT1020. If you either keep up with the lectures or the readings and do the tutorial questions every week it can be a very nice WAM booster.
Did not see this reply and wish i had.
QBUS is not what i thought it would be...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)