Related belonging text help (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I want to use Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck as one of my related texts, however my school used it in the prelim extension english course. So would i still be able to use it for school assessments. tnx

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, you would be able to use it.

However, be aware of the bad stigma associated with using texts that have been set texts as it implies that you're lazy etc.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I have to pick two texts so would it be better to have variety such as a film and a novel or should i just pick two films or two novels.

Ishynooshy

HSC
In general, it is better to have as variety of text types. I don't remember the exact wording of the syllabus, but there is something in there about having read/analyse/appreciate the wide range of text types.

Of course, if you think that you can only find two novels/films etc that are able to more strongly support your belonging thesis then I would use them instead of making your argument(s) weaker just so you can incorporate two text types.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuckin' I do standard, I will make up a text when I get into my exam. Got 16/20 in prelims doing the same thing :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)