Related texts (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
For the are of study and modules in which you need a related text,

Is it recommended that you write about two related texts or stick with the prescribed text + 1 related text combo?

Discuss.

cheepy5

HSC
Depends on the questions sometimes they can ask for "related texts" or "at least one related texts" or "one related text " so in most cases prepare two related texts but whether you use both or not depends on how the well the texts fit the question

Magical Kebab

HSC
Depends on the questions sometimes they can ask for "related texts" or "at least one related texts" or "one related text " so in most cases prepare two related texts but whether you use both or not depends on how the well the texts fit the question
True, I mean I will always have at least 3 related texts up my sleeve but say if u can use like 2 related texts, would that necessarily get u more marks than by just using 1?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
As cheepy5 said, it depends on the question. If it says at least one related text, I'd probably only do one because it allows you to go into greather depth and show your knowledge of the text rather than maybe only superficially addressing two related texts. However it the question you get it really terrible and your struggling to write a paragraph with one related text, then you might consider writing about two related texts to maintain your ratio of related:prescribed. But definitely prepare 2 related texts.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
True, I mean I will always have at least 3 related texts up my sleeve but say if u can use like 2 related texts, would that necessarily get u more marks than by just using 1?
No, in fact, you're more likely to score lower, as your analysis won't be as deep as someone who just focused on one.

Always do the minimum required number of texts.

Immortalp00n

HSC
isn't the AOS ( Belonging) the only module that requires a related text?

Magical Kebab

HSC
No, in fact, you're more likely to score lower, as your analysis won't be as deep as someone who just focused on one.

Always do the minimum required number of texts.
Yeah makes sense. But I guess for some questions, molding your answer to 2 texts + 1 prescribed works better than just doing 2 texts in total...

deswa1

HSC
A lot of people say this but I don't think so. In my trials and my HSC, I only used one related and I got 15/15 for trials and 14.5/15 for HSC so I don't think it matters. Do whichever you're more comfortable with

starshine02

HSC
I think as long as you do the analysis for the one related text well then it should be enough, although it would be pretty handy to have another up your sleeve.

funstudy

HSC
They can ask for up to two. Therefore prepare two- know the text type, content, context, techniques. However, I memorised my essays, knowning 1 particular related text in detail. I know that many people may advise against this, but IMO not many people can manipulate their english notes into structured, grammatically correct and sophisticated sentences that answer the question under exam-type conditions.

Magical Kebab

HSC
has anyone realised (this might be stupid) that the theme of most of the questions (regardless of the module) have always been stated in the rubric/prescription for the module? Especially for belonging (ie time, connections, understanding etc).

If you didnt know this id recommend checking it out.

OH1995

HSC
Yes, I'm predicting the one about barriers in society for this years question. You heard it here first folks:headbang:

Magical Kebab

HSC
This might be dodge but considering that the AOS and some of the electives/modules (correct me if im wrong) are only in between 2009-2014, the themes they already havent asked a question on might be asked this year???

Like belonging last year was on time. They hadn't asked that previously.

So you can sus it out with english, just shows u how pathetic the subject is anyway.

GOD_OF_HSC_2013

HSC
This might be dodge but considering that the AOS and some of the electives/modules (correct me if im wrong) are only in between 2009-2014, the themes they already havent asked a question on might be asked this year???

Like belonging last year was on time. They hadn't asked that previously.

So you can sus it out with english, just shows u how pathetic the subject is anyway.
English is definitely pathetic compared to the REIGNING SUPREME SUBJECT - 4U-Maths.

Also, yes - they are more likely to select a 'theme' that has not been asked as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)