Religion in creative? (1 Viewer)

ilk

HSC
N/A
i included a symbolic, christian image in my creative piece
do you think it will be okay? or will it be a bit risky, since religion is such a sensitive topic to some people?

D94

HSC
N/A
I think it would work well. Don't just blatantly advocate a religion, but a story around that would work well. I'm pretty sure markers will see around the sensitivity; topics such as war and immigrant experiences could equally be sensitive to others, but they are still written about.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
i included a symbolic, christian image in my creative piece
do you think it will be okay? or will it be a bit risky, since religion is such a sensitive topic to some people?
Dude I know some pro english'er who is doing some weird story on some androgynous person, don't even ask, I don't even know. A Christian image is not going to do anything. They mark your story on how good it is in terms of sophistication of ideas and language, so just chill.

Clarky13

HSC
My Ext 2. Short Story had Christian symbolism and motifs, and my teacher said it was alright. As long as you don't say anything to rambunctious like "Christianity is wrong!", it'll slide.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My Ext 2. Short Story had Christian symbolism and motifs, and my teacher said it was alright. As long as you don't say anything to rambunctious like "Christianity is wrong!", it'll slide.
I'm sure you could get away with that. There's plenty of texts that completely demolish religion and they've gone on to be successful.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Does it offend someone of normal sensitivities/sensibilities? If the answer is no or maybe, get a new creative.

But, religion is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)