repeating hsc at tafe? (1 Viewer)

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I'm still doing hsc this year, but I was thinking of doing it again at tafe if I (please no please no) get a low uai this year! How practical is this option? Can you apply to all university courses from tafe or are you limited to a certain number? Is it better to repeat at tafe or school? Any advice would be helpful - thanx in advance!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We had this discussion last year............DON'T REPEAT! There are so many other options!! Doing the HSC over again will only delay your growing up and moving on. Do Arts for a year and then transfer, go and get a job and make lots of money before u start uni, travel. The HSC sucks...........don't put yourself through it again!!

sarz226

Do you really want to do the hsc again? will the result be any different? tell me what do you want to do and I'll let you know what i think is the best way of doing it. Doing the hsc at tafe would be harder than doing it at school

krissy7685

im doing it again...a dn u realise what went wrong...
my mum died during yr 12 so yeh

but u knwo im working this year more than i did last year.

so there u go.. but remember ur more likely to do well at school than at tafe

good luck

Jack_Ass121

im currently doin yr 12 at the moment for the first time.... I'm doing ok, but repeating this year may be an option for me, i feel that if i do repeat, i would do so much better... I mean just think youd be doin the same work again,,, youd pretty much know it all,,, but i think it would be a waiste of time... and what if u stuff it up again,,, if not worse!? youll be kicking urself... I was thinking of a good scheme but,, if u wanto go to uni,, u could do and an arts course,, or even a nursing course for a year,, then i think u;; be elligible to transfer to nearly any other course they u wanna do... could someone please correct me if i am wrong

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I'm doing yr 12 at TAFE right now. but not because I'm repeating. I've completed year 11 last year at school and then things happened. To make it short, I'm now taking medications for Bipolar Disorder and I thought completing the HSC at TAFE will be a better environment for me.

I chose my subjects all over again. This time I chose subjects that I am truly passionate about. but you can always choose the same subjects if you're repeating, only you gotta remember that they will only take your most recent mark in the end, not the best.

cause subject selection occured we all had to somehow complete a preliminary work. but don't worry about that.
I'll tell you this, doing HSC at TAFE means less time. Schools have so much more time to do things.
However, they've organised it in such a way that you will finish on time. For trials and HSC.
you just got to be more commited.

the great things about doing my HSC at tafe:
- to an extent, more freedom. no one's telling me what to wear, how to stand, how to speak, how to blah blah blah.
I have full responsibility, I have full control.

- generally my teachers are nicer. they don't patronise me (like they tended to do at my old school). they help. and they really KNOW what they're doing.

- Nice canteen and lots of vending machines. ha, that's my tafe anyway.

- great library. definitely better than school library. more resources.

- it's just like preparation for uni. the whole environment and all that.

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
hey thanks for the advice everyone :) I know for a fact that I would do so much better if I repeated, mainly because I've been having alot of problems this year that have affected my performance at school (don't want to go into it).

Going by what you've all said, if I do repeat I'll probably do it at school instead of tafe. I think it'll be easier for me to do better at school. I don't really want to repeat of course, but it would make such a difference in my hsc. What's one more year anyway? It would make all the difference.

My goal for uai is 95+ because all the courses I want to do are around that mark. I seriously doubt that's even possible now.......

Hell, I'm thinking of repeating even before I've done the hsc.. maybe it won't be necessary after all. Oh well. I guess it's always an option. Thanks again.

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
woo, i dont wanna repeat yr 12.. no WAY

Last edited:

peters

hey jezzmo...

with most courses, there are yr 12 satisfaction completion

is there specific subjects i needed to take?

im pretty afraid... i kinda regret myself for maturing up late :(

peters

geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

to late to catch up for maths, and trials are in within a week

i got bloody 4 exams first 4 days

bleh..... just gonna concentrate on to kill business and english

peters

basically my marks have remained shit all year round sometimes 60's ......... when i tried recently, i got 92% for business and 60's in all areas, except maths and english poor performance

i think tafe is more relaxed, "credit" 65%+ this is very reasonable get 3 c's and 1 a or get 2b's and 2c's to transfer to uni it is very reasonable unlike the HSC..

blah, too far ... my only thing is "study hard, dont regret further on" i dont care what my uai outcome will be ... but sadly i would wanna pass the "your uai is below <30" waaaaaaaa im SCARED general maths and standard english gonna DRAG ME DOWN

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
umm...my cousin left in yr 10 and started doing work and part time at TAFE, from what i've heard from her, she likes it..cause she can work and because its over a no. of yrs, she doesnt worry/stress that much. I guess its up to the person his/her self, so theres nothin wrong with repeating it if you want to do that.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685
what tafes everyone at?
im at the ultimo one
im planning to go to bankstown or lotus tafe..

i got an appointment wif bankstown tafe on thursday

EDIT: that is only if i get a shit uai under 80

im wanting to place an early place since i wont lose out

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
hmm...good planning....but cant u get into something under a 80 UAI n transfer?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Chand
hmm...good planning....but cant u get into something under a 80 UAI n transfer?
yea but if i want to go to other uni's like UWS its way to far, it will take me 4hrs a day to travel.. i dun have da time

and lower course cut-off's in the uni i would like to get into is 88 so :(

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
why is that i luv business courses, BUT THE UAI'S ARE HIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Soul

New Title...
Hi, I think Ollz San has really helpful info...

Repeating is only one of many many options you should research, but a very valid one. My advice is not to rely on it if you're sure you can make it this year. Obviously, not everyone is suited to repeating, you can't choose to repeat and continue being the same sort of lazy, "giving-excuses", procrastinating person... then you'll definitely have cause to really be fucked up. See how your trials go and think about it and listen to your intuition.

Best of Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)