Retail as a traineeship (1 Viewer)

Az-jay

HSC
is anyone doing a traineeship for cert 2 in retail and sitting the HSC exam for it and actually giving it a decent try???

the two guys i do my traineeship don't care about the exam and i just wanted to know if anyone's studing for it and what there notes/summaries look like etc.

phat_nads

Doing Retail

Hi,
Im doing retail. All of the 9 people in the class are taking the course seriously. As for our study notes, we have just make summary's from the notes out teacher gives us.

Az-jay

HSC
well i'm doing retail as a traineeship throgh McDonald's with two other guys who don't care.

i looked at the syllabus my advisor gave me and my folder (that has all stuff i need to do activities etc,) is very sketchy compared to the syllabus!

do you use a text book or anything? i think we had one but one of the guys lost it!

now i'm stressing...

phat_nads

no text book

Nah we don't have a text book. our teacher makes up booklets with notes in them.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i do a retail traineeship with big w and i was doing it for the hsc until we got a really bad teacher, so i dropped it at school and now im just doing it store-based for the certificate. We use the textbook: "first steps in a retail career" its really good, big w does the traineeship through widebay tafe which is in queensland and they send down books we have to complete and training manuals and all that.. theres only about 3-4 people in our class of 10 doing it for the hsc that are taking it seriously though..

Az-jay

HSC
i think we're supposed to use the text book 'first steps in a retail career,' too. i'll find one somewhere
any way thanks.

benji223

HSC
i also do maccas traineeship

hey i also do a maccas traineeship and i know where you are coming from. yes im also sitting the exam for retail and the guy im doing it with does not really care either. if you were after the little orange book that is the first steps in a retail career i really didnt find it useful at all. i also found that i the cert2 stuff we are doing is better then my retail class and i doidnt find it that sketchy. i just finished my folder so if you need any help or want to ask questions let me know.
benji

sammi176

hey what big w do u do the trainneship for because i do it at erina fair. anyways yeh i dont do much retail work there, it either gets cancelled for that week or we knock off early and its only myself and one other who needs this exam to be able to receive a uai. im worried i will fail because i havent dont very much work.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im selling my textbook as im not doing the exam, if anyone wants it theres a link in the buy/sell forum with information etc on it. would most likely come in handy for anyone who feels they dont have enough knowledge... or had really crap teachers :)

bellyrox

HSC
I do a retail traineeship through McDonalds as well
Just wondering, for those who do it through Maccas as well, how are you studying? I've revised everything in my folder, and the textbook, then went to do the practice papers online and only knew half the stuff. Are you using any other resources to study? The only other thing i have is the info i got from the second recap day, which helped heaps but I'm still pretty unsure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)