Revisiting Quake II. (1 Viewer)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
There's a disc in the collector's edition of Q4 which has QII, 'QII - The Reckoning' and 'QII - Ground Zero' on it. I've run into all of the games, reminding myself of how good Quake II was. IMO, QII + expansions > Q4.

Quake 4 seemed a little plot-thin. Quake 2 grasped its hand around your nose and chin and force-fed you the Strogg invasion.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Wolfowitz said:
Quake 4 seemed a little plot-thin. Quake 2 grasped its hand around your nose and chin and force-fed you the Strogg invasion.
That is why you should play quake 2 prior to playing quake 4.

Ugh the most distressing images in quake 4 is when the stroggs captured you and starts chopping off your legs and injecting a 5 feet hyperdermic needle into your heart.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
oddly i downloaded quake 3 the other day, sound is stuffed but multiplayer seems ok

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Komaticon said:
Quake 2 rocked. It was the first game to impliment enemies discharging their weapons before they died, sometimes taking out other Strogg :D
I loved that when the Strogg hit eachother, they'd attack eachother. It was cool to watch which NPC was 'teh STRONGERST!'

The multiplayer on QII - Ground Zero was the best. They introduced spheres, which would float above your head. There was one type that when you got killed, it would follow the person who killed you and SHOOT THEM; BWAHAHAHA. Oh, and there was nightvision, traps, new gaming modes and all types of cool things.

After playing it, I'm keep thinking that UNSW's PC tourny during O-week would be way better if we played QII instead of Q3.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I love Q2. I couldnt wait until q4 came out cos it was the hole story thing. I hated fkn q3, burn in hell q3.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone remember Quake? My first true online gaming addiction - deathmatch and team fortress...oh and rocket jumping lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)