RFTG Philosophers (1 Viewer)

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Hey, i need help!!! For this module, do we need to know about philosophers whose theories and papers relate to rtfg? If so, how are we meant to be including them in our essays!? Coz our teacher has said NOTHING about this, and everyone else seems to be knowing about it. Also, could u plz give me names of some philosophers and their papers or publications. Thnx

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
Same here

We weren't told anything about using them either.

Is this some expectaion or is it something we can just throw in to make ourselves look good.

Because I don't even remember reading them used in the exemplars.

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Cool, but how r we like meant to use them in our essays? Are they just frosting on the cake to b included in intros and conclusions, or can we/should we, be using them to back up ways of thinking presented in our texts?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
francis leotard(sp?) was one. his work was basically saying that there werent any grand narratives.
Just to be utterly pedantic, Francois Lyotard, his best-known work being 'The Postmodern Condition', in which he defines Postmodernity as being a stage following the breakdown of grand narratives, transcendent knowledge, etc: (I haven't read it, unfortunately.)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Just to be utterly pedantic, Francois Lyotard, his best-known work being 'The Postmodern Condition', in which he defines Postmodernity as being a stage following the breakdown of grand narratives, transcendent knowledge, etc: (I haven't read it, unfortunately.)
that will be in my essay ;)

grinnie

i dont think you need to mention any philosophers at all. i think all we need to do is explore philosophical paradigms if need be.

what im curious about, is if we need to discuss our texts and mention their particular historical context, u know, like what they say in the elective module thingy? only i don't quite know what we have to do about that...anyone have any ideas????/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)