road not taken- the persona (1 Viewer)

timtam

Does anyone have any idea of how the persona in "the road not taken" reflects, explains and identifies the concept of journeys? Thanks

tamster

The text (finished yr 12 now) uses the persona to reflect. I just wrote stuff on the Imag. Journeys thing that should help you with this. But to this text specifically think of his start. ie used the fact that the journey (i did imaginative) is controlled by the situation. he was fine then reaches uncertainty 'both looked just as fair' He then trusts chance 'chose the one less traveled by' Then explain the result. The persona now realises that he chose a favourable journey 'and that has made all the difference.' Explain that it is not the only one he has had. ' another day/ knew he would not.' help? If not I'll try to explain it more easily

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
which focus journey are we relating it to?
The main thing is identifying its techniques and then articulating them so that they link and correspond to your focus journey. Here are some:
+There is a distinct rhyming pattern: ABAAB showing pace and continuity to the poem/journey
+Conversational tone, First person, personal reflection of a journey -> allows audeince to exploit the persona's deepest and personal thoughts
+Repetition of the word "and" - shows the persona is hesitant/contemplating about something
+Colour Imagery: "autumn" "yellow wood" - initiates the context of the poem
+Exclamation "Oh, i kep the first for another day!" - train of thoughts disturbed
+Allusions to nature - illustrates a journey through landscape: "undergrowth" "yellow wood"

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
the yellow wood is not colour imagery; well it is, but you should be loloking deeper - yellow is the traditional colour of autumna nd autumn is the season of change. therefore the 'yellow wood' is symbolic of change and choice.
ABAAB is the rhyming pattern. The first four lines gives it a walking pace whilst the last line gives the stanza a sense that it is jumping forward to something new. also consider the use of alliteration, assonance and repetition.
what sort of journey are you linking it to? that'll make a difference in what techniques you use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)