please complete this survey i would like as many results as possible

1. What is your age?

2. Are you Male or Female?

3. What licence do you currently hold:
a. Learner Licence
b. Red Provisional Licence (stage 1)
c. Green Provisional Licence (stage 2)
d. Full, Unrestricted Licence

4. How long have you had your current licence for?

5. Have you ever had any near misses on the road or been involved in an accident?

6. Have you ever sped before or been in a car where someone has been speeding?

7. Why do you think the statistics show that males have a higher incidence of being involved in road crashes/fatalities?

8. Have you had a friend or family member seriously injured or killed in a road accident in the age group of 17 - 24 years? Has that changed your view on your own driving?

9. Have you driven over the speed limit? If yes, by how much?

10. When you are driving do you make sure you are aware of the distance between your car and the car in front so you have a good stopping distance?

11. Do you check your car regularly to see if it needs anything to be fixed e.g. check your tyre air pressure? If not, who checks it, if anybody does?

12. Have you ever used a mobile phone without a hands free kit whilst driving?

13. Do you agree that a speed cameras location should be kept secret, in a place where it can easily be seen or in areas where more crashes occur? Why?

14. Do you believe that drivers should be penalised for alerting other driver to speed cameras?

15. Have you ever not worn your seat belt in the car whilst being the driver or passenger in the vehicle?
16. Do you believe that you are a:
a. Tolerant driver
b. Helpful driver
c. Friendly driver
d. Impatient driver
e. Rude driver
f. Overconfident driver
g. None of the above

17. Do you agree that P-platers should be restricted in the number of passengers that they carry?

18. Do you agree that P-platers caught speeding should lose their licence? What is your reasoning behind this?

19. Have you driven after consuming alcohol and/or illegal drugs? If yes, what was the reason for doing so?

20. Do you think that road safety and driver education should be mandatory in all schools? Why?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
1. What is your age?
Female
a. Learner Licence

9 months
5. Have you ever had any near misses on the road or been involved in an accident?
No accidents but I did nearly hit someone else's car in a carpark.
I've never sped, and never been in the car with someone speeding.
7. Why do you think the statistics show that males have a higher incidence of being involved in road crashes/fatalities?
They think ankle acrobatics (i.e pressing down the accelerator) is impressive?
8. Have you had a friend or family member seriously injured or killed in a road accident in the age group of 17 - 24 years? Has that changed your view on your own driving?
N/A
N/A
10. When you are driving do you make sure you are aware of the distance between your car and the car in front so you have a good stopping distance?
Yes
11. Do you check your car regularly to see if it needs anything to be fixed e.g. check your tyre air pressure? If not, who checks it, if anybody does?
My dad does.
Nope
13. Do you agree that a speed cameras location should be kept secret, in a place where it can easily be seen or in areas where more crashes occur? Why?
Should be kept a secret. Knowing where they are defeats purpose?
14. Do you believe that drivers should be penalised for alerting other driver to speed cameras?
Yes
15. Have you ever not worn your seat belt in the car whilst being the driver or passenger in the vehicle?
ALWAYS wear my seatbelt.
a. Tolerant driver
b. Helpful driver
c. Friendly driver
d. Impatient driver
e. Rude driver
f. Overconfident driver
g. None of the above
Driver that needs 3 more months of practicing till they are old enough for their P's :p
17. Do you agree that P-platers should be restricted in the number of passengers that they carry?
No I disagree with number of passenger limits greatly.
18. Do you agree that P-platers caught speeding should lose their licence? What is your reasoning behind this?
I think all drivers should lose their license for being 15 km or over speed limit. Under that demerits and fines? I just think that speeding lots over the limit is pure recklessness, where driving 10 km or under over could be understandable.
19. Have you driven after consuming alcohol and/or illegal drugs? If yes, what was the reason for doing so?
Nay
20. Do you think that road safety and driver education should be mandatory in all schools? Why?
They should probably spend more time on that in PDHPE in Year 10 when most people get their L's. But I don't think it should be mandatory for schools to provide it.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
1. What is your age?
17 years, 11 months and 5 days
Female
a. Learner Licence

11 months
Yes. Stupid lady came out of an intersection and almost t-boned me :(
Yes
They think its impressive and funny to speed. Idiots
No.
Yes, up to 10kms
Yes
Dad does
Yes
In areas where they are easily seen, and where more crashes occur. Because when I'm late to school, I need to get there quickly dammit
No, it just shows how awesome they are
Yes. But in my defence, its only a paddock basher
a. Tolerant driver
b. Helpful driver
c. Friendly driver
d. Impatient driver
e. Rude driver
f. Overconfident driver
g. None of the above

Yes, but only at certain times- like at night
Only for high speeds, like 15km +.
Nope
Yes. Being taught from a younger age proper driver education and risks can help.

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
1. What is your age?
F
a. Learner Licence

1 year & 6 months

5no. Have you ever had any near misses on the road or been involved in an accident?

not myself but been in a car when someone else was

they are not as patient

no

yes, 10km on highway

yes

parent checks it

no

where it can be seen and in areas where more crashes occur people will be A LOT more mindful and careful etc.

no

no

a. Tolerant driver yes
b. Helpful driver ?? don't know
c. Friendly driver maybe??
d. Impatient driver no
e. Rude driver no
f. Overconfident driver no
g. None of the above

yes, but only during dangerous time such as, 10pm - 4am and maybe public holidays too :S

yes, if they are driving more than 15km above the limit and also if they have had 2/3 warnings before

no

yes, they will learn young and it will stick in their minds, it may help to reduce accidents, speeding etc. (breaking rules in general)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)