Saftey Glasses (1 Viewer)

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
I need to buy saftey glasses for Pharmacy... does anyone know any good brands or shops to buy a good pair from?

Thanx

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Well, there's a shop in Collins St in Melbourne where I buy all my saftey eye-glasses from. You should go there.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
Thanx for that but sorry i forgot to say i live in Sydney .... sorry

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
hctaha said:
Thanx for that but sorry i forgot to say i live in Sydney .... sorry
Me too! I fly down there and buy a pair because they're that great. Premium plastic, side eye protection and great ear hooks so they just don't fall off.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
jb_nc said:
Me too! I fly down there and buy a pair because they're that great. Premium plastic, side eye protection and great ear hooks so they just don't fall off.
Hehe i then shall say sorry again .. sorry for assuming lol .... whats the shop called, in case i go down to see my relos?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
hctaha said:
Hehe i then shall say sorry again .. sorry for assuming lol .... whats the shop called, in case i go down to see my relos?
Mr Melatorium's Saftey Glasses Emporium on 125 Collins St

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
Thanx guys .... i havn't tried bunnings. Do you need special ones for chemistry though? ... or just cheap ones?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
You could buy cheap saftey glasses at Bunnings, or ones that are slightly more expensive. Just go check them out, im sure that they're like the ones that you'll be needing.

Evilo

HSC
hctaha said:
Thanx guys .... i havn't tried bunnings. Do you need special ones for chemistry though? ... or just cheap ones?
Have a look at them in the store, i mean safetly glasses are meant to be shatter proof. As for chemicals I'm not 100% sure - i always thought they just stopped the "initial blow" of chemicals etc and deflect it (onto the face instead etc lol)

Mine look a bit like that - http://www.citylivingstores.com/mas_assets/full/541146.jpg
Work fine tbh - although ive never tested them lol

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hctaha said:
depends wat ure making...
if its hand cream i say just get a pair from the bookshop..

if ure making cocaine or MDMA or meth.. then u might want a face shield and a respirator.. these are from ure industrial chem shop tat supply labs.

Evilo

HSC
loser101 said:
would wrap around sunnies be ok?
probably not, i think they have to meet an australian standard (which some sunnies probably do!)

Evilo

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
if ure making cocaine or MDMA or meth.. then u might want a face shield and a respirator.. these are from ure industrial chem shop tat supply labs.
I know you can buy those full face shields from bunnings too. As for a respirator - they have them for certain amounts of dangerous fumes.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
lol is it really guna be that dangerous?:S, i dont think theyre guna let u handle very dangerous chemicals, it says that the plastic ones are generally easily scratched but it says that they are satisfactory so im sure you dont really need a face mask lol:S, from what a few friends doing pharmacy say that most of the dangerous materials are handled by the tutor and you dont really get to handle very dangerous materials unless ur in higher years. Look at biology, we cant even get scalpels yet lol not allowed.

Evilo

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Look at biology, we cant even get scalpels yet lol not allowed.
LOL

I remember putting safety glasses on to boil water. what a joke.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Evilo said:
LOL

I remember putting safety glasses on to boil water. what a joke.
lol really, hahaha how shit, i think we did something similar at school we were boiling purple cabbage, and our teacher kept telling us to keep our glasses on even tho they had so many scratches on i cudnt even see wtf i was boiling, thats what u get wen u pay 200 a year on public education which then refunds 50 bux back to you at the end of the year so that ud come back the next year. shit but true.

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
thats what u get wen u pay 200 a year on public education which then refunds 50 bux back to you at the end of the year so that ud come back the next year. shit but true.
Go Public Education!

mm and i am quite terrified as to the levels of protection talked about :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)