Sample answers for the math papers (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
For the HSC 3u and 4u sample answers, can there be more than one way of getting the correct answer apart from the sample answer given in the marking guidelines?

d1zzyohs

HSC
definitely, especially for ext 2.
an easy example could be proving the arithmetic mean stuff

obviously this question is super easy - but I've seen this for inequalities where there is a domain... and could theoretically be proven by induction. I did that in the CSSA trials and got it correct.

jks22

HSC
For the HSC 3u and 4u sample answers, can there be more than one way of getting the correct answer apart from the sample answer given in the marking guidelines?
Yes as long as it is within the scope of the syllabus

You can't however use MX1 techniques for ADV questions or MX2 techniques for MX1 questions

asduiashdi

HSC
I have used it mainly for integration techniques (4u in 3u and 3u in 2u)
ah okay thats cool, using 4u integration techniques would probably give you an advantage. but don't they design the exams so that you don't need 4u in 3u exams? i wonder if this is allowed in the actual hsc

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
With anything math related there’s always more than one way of doing a question.

As for scope of syllabus, for things like cross product. I remember you were still able to use them however if you don’t get the same answer as the expected result the whole thing would be incorrect. You wouldn’t get partial marks. If someone could fact check me that’d be sweet.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
ah okay thats cool, using 4u integration techniques would probably give you an advantage. but don't they design the exams so that you don't need 4u in 3u exams? i wonder if this is allowed in the actual hsc
No there was definitely another way to do it, I just thought by parts was easier. It was to integrate x(cos^-1x) or something like that

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
No there was definitely another way to do it, I just thought by parts was easier. It was to integrate x(cos^-1x) or something like that
ig you could use the differentiate then integrate method in this case - but by parts would be the obvious choice ig!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)