Samsung Galaxy S3 (4G) price (1 Viewer)

HSC
Do you think the price of the Samsung GS3 will drop considerably when the S4 comes out in May? I'm thinking of getting the S3 (4G) in March when my current plan expires but should I wait for the S4 to come out so the S3 goes down in price, if it does at all?

What happened with the 4S when the iphone 5 came out?

(Not getting S4 - not that rich / it's not thaaaaaaat much better than the S3, the latest smart phones have hit a local max when it comes to how 'amazing' or 'good' they are...)

AgnesLemmo

HSC
I don't really think that the price of S3 will go down even if the S4 comes out.The response that S3 is getting is just awesome and I feel that the price will not go down.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Another question is how much it will go down. A Galaxy SII is still around $350 so you'd expect a Galaxy SIII to still be $400-450 after the release of Galaxy SIV. Also, the Galaxy SIV will be a totally different market and probably sold for something like $700 while the Galaxy SIII would be in another market in the $400s.

Finally, it would also be how much would it drop before it leaves the market altogether and so, with this, I think it's safe to assume that you can either: buy Galaxy SIII now OR buy another phone (such as Nexus 4 which is basically the same price as Galaxy SIII but better performance with more software support by Google).

I have an LG Optimus 4X which is similar to the One X and Galaxy SIII in terms of performance and all that - it's only $369 on Kogan.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)